Re: Grant McMurray resigns from CoC (RLDS)

  • John Hajicek
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004

      --
      John Hajicek
      http://www.Hajicek.com

      Zion, Jackson County, Missouri

      (800) 969-3141 (Toll-Free at Home)
      (816) 220-3141 (Home)
      (816) 220-3142 (Cell)
      (816) 220-3143 (Fax)
    • Patlabb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        In a message dated 12/2/2004 12:29:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, YahooGroups2004@... writes:
        > Grant McMurray resigned as first president of the CoC (RLDS) this
        > afternoon. Although his predecessor was chosen by lineage (the Joseph
        > Smith III mode of succession), he was chosen by appointment from his
        > predecessor (the James J. Strang mode of succession), but left his
        > counselors in charge (the Sidney Ridgon mode of succession) with the
        > Council of Twelve to choose the next prophet (the Brigham Young mode
        > of succession).
        I wonder is this going to put the church in crisis? I fear for the future of the Community of Christ!

        Patrick C. L'abbe
        www.hometown.aol.com/patlabb

        Je me souviens!