FW: FYI - The Church of Jesus Christ - Ordained

  • John Dawson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2013

      Here is some information from Jeff Runyard about the Church of Jesus Christ (Ordained).

      John

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2013

        Church of Jesus Christ (Ordained)

        Page historylast edited by Alan Unsworth 2 days, 18 hours ago
        Founded:
        January 1, 2008

        Founder:

        Alternate Name:
        Ordained Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

        Location:
        Knoxville, Tennessee

        Membership:
        According to a March 13, 2013 post by Runyard on the LDSgroups discussion forum, there are 2 members in this group.

        Discussion Groups:

        About:
        • Group became defunct in August 2009 after Runyard joined the Latter Day Church of Christ with Signs and Wonders, but in correspondence received in January 2013, Runyard has indicated he will attempt to revive the "group."
        • Runyard was also a part of Samuel West's group Kingdom of God of Latter Day Saints after he initially ended the OLDS. He may remain in that group or have an association with that group.
        • Founder claims that the original Church of Christ, established in 1830, fell into apostasy after the death of Joseph Smith, Jr., and "I have chosen to renew & restore the keys of the Kingdom."
        • Articles of Faith are available after joining discussion group; however, they are a re-print of Joseph Smith's original Articles of Faith, published in the Times & Seasons, Vol. III, page 710, 1842.
        • Renewal Commandment: "The Kingdom is here on earth and was established once more by Joseph Smith…I command that thee to reestablish the covenant that was restored through my tool and the Son of God. Most assuredly, the church has gone astray since the death of Joseph Smith. Renew the "Priesthood" and be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen." (source: now defunct "trueolds" yahoogroup)
        • "We accept membership from other LDS groups with provided ordination records that are approved by both Elders. Non-LDS seeking individuals that want to join the group officially will be handled case-by-case. However, we discourage any LDS seeking individuals that practice doctrines that are outside of mainstream Mormon beliefs. We are basically a non-denominational LDS Church that is "A" Church of Christ that was established in 1830 by Joseph Smith, JR." (March 13, 2013 post by Runyard on LDSgroups).