Church of Christ (Fetting/Bronson) now defunct ??

  • Humphrey
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
      Got all cleaned up to go and get to know my Book of Mormon believing brothers and sisters in the Church of Christ (Fetting/Bronson)- one of the few Restoration churches that has adopted Saturday Sabbath.
      Waited from 9:45-11:00 am, and nobody showed. Did a walk around the building- no spinning on the electrical doohickey. I should have known something was up when I saw there were no light-bulbs on the outside lights.

      I tried to contact several people associated with the church through FB to get meeting times and never received a response- perhaps this is why? Also, a woman I was sure was associated with the church is apparently attending a non-denominational church in the KC area.

      I will take pictures of the grounds sometime this week and post them on the FB version of this group.
    • John Dawson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012

        Well, this church still seems to be functioning in some form because I just received the latest issue of their quarterly magazine the Voice of Warning. This includes a report of their 2012 Assembly. I think there are few of them now and I have previously had a report that they do not meet in the winter months because many of them are elderly. If you would like some contact details from the magazine to try to establish contact, please email me off group at johndawson2831@....

        John

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2012
          I was unaware that this group also had a FB group -- can someone post the link?  Thanks!

          Tim Cravens
          Independent Catholic Christian Church
          www.inclusivecatholics.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
            For some reason it hasn't gotten popular, but here is the link:

            http://www.facebook.com/groups/59748261679/

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2012
              Thanks -- I just sent a request to join.

              Tim Cravens
              Independent Catholic Christian Church
              www.inclusivecatholics.com

              For some reason it hasn't gotten popular, but here is the link:

              http://www.facebook.com/groups/59748261679/

              --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Tim Cravens <stmikeandsttim@...> wrote:

              > I was unaware that this group also had a FB group -- can someone post the link?  Thanks!
              >
              > Tim Cravens
              > Independent Catholic Christian Church
              > www.inclusivecatholics.com

            • robert robinson