Church of Christ (Restored) - Problems?

  • john dawson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 1:46 AM
      In spite of the reconciliation between the 2 factions of the Church of Christ (Restored) (716 So Cottage Ave, Independence & Morton, Mississippi) late last year there still seem to be problems in this group. Carter Fortenberry was removed as an apostle a few months ago & in the July 2004 issue of The Gospel Herald it is announced:

      "Special Notice
      By action taken by the Apostles of the Church of Christ (Restored) at the June 2004 General Conference Billy Jack Massey and Leroy Thomas no longer represent the Church of Christ (Restored) and therefore their Ministerial Licenses are revoked until further notice."

      We will need to keep watch to see if we can find out what is going on this group. If anyone has any information, please post it.

      God bless.

      John Dawson

    • Jeff Needle
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 12:09 PM
        What is the Gospel Herald? Is it on line someplace? Thanks.

        At 01:46 AM 8/3/2004, you wrote:
        >In spite of the reconciliation between the 2 factions of the Church of
        >Christ (Restored) (716 So Cottage Ave, Independence & Morton, Mississippi)
        >late last year there still seem to be problems in this group. Carter
        >Fortenberry was removed as an apostle a few months ago & in the July 2004
        >issue of The Gospel Herald it is announced:
        >
        >"Special Notice
        >By action taken by the Apostles of the Church of Christ (Restored) at the
        >June 2004 General Conference Billy Jack Massey and Leroy Thomas no longer
        >represent the Church of Christ (Restored) and therefore their Ministerial
        >Licenses are revoked until further notice."
        >
        >We will need to keep watch to see if we can find out what is going on this
        >group. If anyone has any information, please post it.
        >
        >God bless.
        >
        >John Dawson
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kf0q6n/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1706113934:HM/EXP=1091624059/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>
        >click here
        >
        >[]

        > *
        > <mailto:LDSgroups-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>LDSgroups-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > *

        Jeff Needle
        jeff.needle@...
        jeff.needle@...
      • john dawson
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 3:37 PM
          Jeff

          The Gospel Herald is the monthly magazine of the Church of Christ
          (Restored). As far as I am aware this publication is not available online &
          this church does not have a web site. I am on the mailing list for the
          magazine which as far as I know does not have a subscription price. If you
          would like to see a copy of the magazine I suggest you write to the church
          headquarters:

          716 So Cottage Ave
          Independence
          MO 64050

          or to the editor:

          Herbert Taylor
          P O Box 65
          Bush
          LA 70431

          You can e mail the editor at thegreaterlight@...

          The Church of Christ (Restored) is mainly based in Mississippi & believes in
          the messages received by Otto Fetting but not in those received by W A
          Draves.

          Regards.

          > What is the Gospel Herald? Is it on line someplace? Thanks.
          >
          > At 01:46 AM 8/3/2004, you wrote:
          > >In spite of the reconciliation between the 2 factions of the Church of
          > >Christ (Restored) (716 So Cottage Ave, Independence & Morton,
          Mississippi)
          > >late last year there still seem to be problems in this group. Carter
          > >Fortenberry was removed as an apostle a few months ago & in the July 2004
          > >issue of The Gospel Herald it is announced:
          > >
          > >"Special Notice
          > >By action taken by the Apostles of the Church of Christ (Restored) at the
          > >June 2004 General Conference Billy Jack Massey and Leroy Thomas no longer
          > >represent the Church of Christ (Restored) and therefore their Ministerial
          > >Licenses are revoked until further notice."
          > >
          > >We will need to keep watch to see if we can find out what is going on
          this
          > >group. If anyone has any information, please post it.
          > >
          > >God bless.
          > >
          > >John Dawson
        • Jeffrey Needle
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 8:16 PM