RE: [LDSgroups] Conferences?

  • John Dawson
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012

      Well, the LDS Church is having its conference this weekend (March 31st and April 1st) and not waiting until April 6th. The Community of Christ is not having a conference this year. Its next World Conference is April 13th to 18th next year which will be followed by a USA National Conference. The Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonites) will have its General Church Spiritual Conference from April 20th to 22nd this year. There seems to be no church that actually has its conference on April 6th.

      John

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
        Are you aware of the Bickertonites recording or broadcasting their Conference?  It might be interesting to look in on it.  Thanks.

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2012
          The Bickertonites will be the following week and weekend.
          On 4/1/2012 12:39 AM, David / Amicus wrote:

          6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
          Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
          supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.

          No virus found in this message.

          53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
          consumerproducts.com
        • John Dawson
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012

            As far as I am aware the Bickertonites do not broadcast their conferences. I do not know whether they make any recordings of the proceedings or whether transcripts are made available. Their website is at http://www.thechurchofjesuschrist.org/. You could always contact them and ask.

            John

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
              Thanks. I e-mailed them. The phone number listed on their webpage is
              no longer in service -- very curious.

              On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 11:30 +0100, John Dawson wrote:

              > As far as I am aware the Bickertonites do not broadcast their
              > conferences. I do not know whether they make any recordings of the
              > proceedings or whether transcripts are made available. Their website
              > is at http://www.thechurchofjesuschrist.org/. You could always contact
              > them and ask.
              >

              > John

            • DonaldG
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                It would seem that the Remnant Churches conference has been ommitted, which will be held from April 4-8.

                --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, David / Amicus <amicus@...> wrote:

                > 6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
                > Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
                > supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.

              • John
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                  Thanks for this. Of course, it is difficult to keep track of all the churches and groups that may be having a conference. Does anybody know of any others?

                  John

                  --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "DonaldG" <donald42@...> wrote:

                  > It would seem that the Remnant Churches conference has been ommitted, which will be held from April 4-8.
                  >
                  > --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, David / Amicus <amicus@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > 6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
                  > > Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
                  > > supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.

                • David / Amicus
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                    I'm supposing the big day for the Strangites is in July the anniversary
                    of James' coronation.

                    But do they celebrate 6 April also?
                  • David / Amicus
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                      What about Temple Lot and the Elijah Messages groups?
                    • John Dawson
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012

                        A good point. I went onto the website for the Church of Christ – Temple Lot which is at http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/. If you go into the Events section you will find that their conference is underway now – Sunday April 1st to Tuesday April 3rd. The Church of Christ With The Elijah Message with its headquarters on Lacy Road in Independence usually has its conference in June.

                        John

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 2, 2012
                          Church business meetings at elders conferences are held confidential to the priesthood and teachers of the Church.  However, recordings of open services are usually available to purchase.  The Church Print House can direct you on this matter.  See the Church website.

                          On 4/2/2012 6:30 AM, John Dawson wrote:

                          As far as I am aware the Bickertonites do not broadcast their conferences. I do not know whether they make any recordings of the proceedings or whether transcripts are made available. Their website is at http://www.thechurchofjesuschrist.org/. You could always contact them and ask.

                          John

                          6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
                          Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
                          supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.

                          size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

                          No virus found in this message.

                          size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

                          No virus found in this message.

                        No virus found in this message.

                        57 Year Old Looks 27
                        Local Woman Reveals Wrinkle Secret That Has Doctors Angry.
                        TheSmartStyleLiving.com
                      • John Dawson
                        Message 12 of 14 , Apr 3, 2012

                          Thanks Kerry. Am I right in thinking that you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. ?  If so, have you seen Jeffrey Needle’s posting that the phone number of the church website (I assume he means Richard Lawson’s phone number on the “Contact Us” page) is not working? I don’t know whether you have any way of bringing this to the attention of those responsible for the website but it does seem to me to be important that the church has a working phone number on the website through which it can be contacted.

                          John

                          Message 13 of 14 , Apr 3, 2012

                            Hi John,
                            Yes, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ.  I didn't notice that Richard Lawson's number was not active.  Another phone number that can used is for the World Operations Center:  724-837-4425.  I will follow up on Lawson's number.  Thank you.