Conferences?

  • David / Amicus
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2012
      6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
      Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
      supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.
    • John Dawson
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1 6:05 AM

        Well, the LDS Church is having its conference this weekend (March 31st and April 1st) and not waiting until April 6th. The Community of Christ is not having a conference this year. Its next World Conference is April 13th to 18th next year which will be followed by a USA National Conference. The Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonites) will have its General Church Spiritual Conference from April 20th to 22nd this year. There seems to be no church that actually has its conference on April 6th.

        John

        6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
        Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
        supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.

        size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

        No virus found in this message.

      • Jeffrey Needle
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1 2:31 PM
          Are you aware of the Bickertonites recording or broadcasting their Conference?  It might be interesting to look in on it.  Thanks.

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1 2:44 PM
            The Bickertonites will be the following week and weekend.
            On 4/1/2012 12:39 AM, David / Amicus wrote:

            6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
            Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
            supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.

            No virus found in this message.

            53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
            consumerproducts.com
          • John Dawson
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 2 3:30 AM

              As far as I am aware the Bickertonites do not broadcast their conferences. I do not know whether they make any recordings of the proceedings or whether transcripts are made available. Their website is at http://www.thechurchofjesuschrist.org/. You could always contact them and ask.

              John

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 2 12:45 PM
                Thanks. I e-mailed them. The phone number listed on their webpage is
                no longer in service -- very curious.

                On Mon, 2012-04-02 at 11:30 +0100, John Dawson wrote:

                > As far as I am aware the Bickertonites do not broadcast their
                > conferences. I do not know whether they make any recordings of the
                > proceedings or whether transcripts are made available. Their website
                > is at http://www.thechurchofjesuschrist.org/. You could always contact
                > them and ask.
                >

                > John

              • DonaldG
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 2 12:54 PM
                  It would seem that the Remnant Churches conference has been ommitted, which will be held from April 4-8.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 2 2:33 PM
                    Thanks for this. Of course, it is difficult to keep track of all the churches and groups that may be having a conference. Does anybody know of any others?

                    John

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 2 2:34 PM
                      I'm supposing the big day for the Strangites is in July the anniversary
                      of James' coronation.

                      But do they celebrate 6 April also?
                    • David / Amicus
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 2 2:35 PM
                        What about Temple Lot and the Elijah Messages groups?
                      • John Dawson
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 2 2:45 PM

                          A good point. I went onto the website for the Church of Christ – Temple Lot which is at http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/. If you go into the Events section you will find that their conference is underway now – Sunday April 1st to Tuesday April 3rd. The Church of Christ With The Elijah Message with its headquarters on Lacy Road in Independence usually has its conference in June.

                          John

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 2 3:45 PM
                            Church business meetings at elders conferences are held confidential to the priesthood and teachers of the Church.  However, recordings of open services are usually available to purchase.  The Church Print House can direct you on this matter.  See the Church website.

                            On 4/2/2012 6:30 AM, John Dawson wrote:

                            As far as I am aware the Bickertonites do not broadcast their conferences. I do not know whether they make any recordings of the proceedings or whether transcripts are made available. Their website is at http://www.thechurchofjesuschrist.org/. You could always contact them and ask.

                            John

                            6 April is almost here. Which groups will be having conferences? The big
                            Utah group of course. And because it's an even numbered year I'm
                            supposing the Community of Christ will have one too.

                            size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

                            No virus found in this message.

                            size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

                            No virus found in this message.

                          No virus found in this message.

                          57 Year Old Looks 27
                          Local Woman Reveals Wrinkle Secret That Has Doctors Angry.
                          TheSmartStyleLiving.com
                        • John Dawson
                          Message 13 of 14 , Apr 3 3:17 AM

                            Thanks Kerry. Am I right in thinking that you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. ?  If so, have you seen Jeffrey Needle’s posting that the phone number of the church website (I assume he means Richard Lawson’s phone number on the “Contact Us” page) is not working? I don’t know whether you have any way of bringing this to the attention of those responsible for the website but it does seem to me to be important that the church has a working phone number on the website through which it can be contacted.

                            John

                            Message 14 of 14 , Apr 3 5:24 PM

                              Hi John,
                              Yes, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ.  I didn't notice that Richard Lawson's number was not active.  Another phone number that can used is for the World Operations Center:  724-837-4425.  I will follow up on Lawson's number.  Thank you.