Henry Harrison Deam?

  • Ammon
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2011
      I had a dream last night that has made me have an interest in Henry Deam. Does anyone know anything about him other then what I can find in a google search or know how to get ahold of any writings he may have published? Thank you.
    • todd.d.robbins@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2011
        You probably found this one, but a mention of him in the RLDS history: http://www.eldersconference.org/ebooks/html/Church%20History%203%201844-1872.html
      • Bill Russell
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2011

          I assume you’re speaking of Henry H. Deam, one of the original apostles in the Reorganization [the New Organization at the time]. he had one of the important spiritual experiences [don’t recall if it was regarded as a revelation] that helped lead up to the creation of the new church organization in 1852.  he was ordained an apostle on April 8, 1853 and resigned in October 1864.  I don’t know the reasons for his resignation, and don’t know if he remained in the church after resigning from the Twelve.

          Bill Russell

          I had a dream last night that has made me have an interest in Henry Deam. Does anyone know anything about him other then what I can find in a google search or know how to get ahold of any writings he may have published? Thank you.

        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2011
            According to Steven L. Shields' book "Divergent Paths of the Restoration" (4th edition, page 75) Henry H. Deam did not resign but was removed. Steven writes:

            "On October 6, 1854, Deam was removed from the Council of Twelve while he was away holding a conference of his own, at which he was sustained as the president of the church with Aaron Smith (the former Strangite) as the first of two counselors. What became of this organization is not known. (See RLDS History of the Church, Volume 3, pp. 229-230.)"

            John

            --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Bill Russell <Russell@...> wrote:

            > I assume you're speaking of Henry H. Deam, one of the original apostles in the Reorganization [the New Organization at the time]. he had one of the important spiritual experiences [don't recall if it was regarded as a revelation] that helped lead up to the creation of the new church organization in 1852. he was ordained an apostle on April 8, 1853 and resigned in October 1864. I don't know the reasons for his resignation, and don't know if he remained in the church after resigning from the Twelve.
            >
            > Bill Russell

          • Humphrey
            Message 5 of 5 , May 14, 2011
              I believe I have received the interpretation of this dream. Thank you all for the help offered up.