Uganda

  • John
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 21, 2010
      You may remember a series of posts in June and July 2010 about James Mubiru and a group of 200+ in Uganda. James had apparently previously been associated with the LDS Church, the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Strangites and he came to our attention when he became associated with Chris Nemelka's Marvelous Work and a Wonder. Then James separated from Nemelka and his organization.

      Well, the following appears in the October-November 2010 issue of The Green Olive Branch, the magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830, in an article about the church's work in Africa:

      "We presently have a call from Uganda to send someone to them to baptize 215 members and ordain priesthood who are waiting for someone with authority to come to them. Seventy Albert (Ade Ojo) Adesui will go to them as soon as funds become available."

      I strongly suspect that this is James Mubiru and the group of 200+ associated with him.

      John
    • Jeffrey Needle
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 21, 2010
        Do you have an address that I can contact to get a sample issue of this
        magazine? Thanks!

        On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 22:00 +0000, John wrote:
        > You may remember a series of posts in June and July 2010 about James Mubiru and a group of 200+ in Uganda. James had apparently previously been associated with the LDS Church, the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Strangites and he came to our attention when he became associated with Chris Nemelka's Marvelous Work and a Wonder. Then James separated from Nemelka and his organization.
        >
        > Well, the following appears in the October-November 2010 issue of The Green Olive Branch, the magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830, in an article about the church's work in Africa:
        >
        > "We presently have a call from Uganda to send someone to them to baptize 215 members and ordain priesthood who are waiting for someone with authority to come to them. Seventy Albert (Ade Ojo) Adesui will go to them as soon as funds become available."
        >
        > I strongly suspect that this is James Mubiru and the group of 200+ associated with him.
        >
        > John

      • Bill Russell
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 22, 2010

          It looks like each time they are associating with a smaller (but no doubt “truer”) church.

          Bill Russell

          Do you have an address that I can contact to get a sample issue of this
          magazine? Thanks!

          On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 22:00 +0000, John wrote:
          > You may remember a series of posts in June and July 2010 about James Mubiru and a group of 200+ in Uganda. James had apparently previously been associated with the LDS Church, the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Strangites and he came to our attention when he became associated with Chris Nemelka's Marvelous Work and a Wonder. Then James separated from Nemelka and his organization.
          >
          > Well, the following appears in the October-November 2010 issue of The Green Olive Branch, the magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830, in an article about the church's work in Africa:
          >
          > "We presently have a call from Uganda to send someone to them to baptize 215 members and ordain priesthood who are waiting for someone with authority to come to them. Seventy Albert (Ade Ojo) Adesui will go to them as soon as funds become available."
          >
          > I strongly suspect that this is James Mubiru and the group of 200+ associated with him.
          >
          > John

        • robert robinson
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 22, 2010
            I remember him, he started begging for money from "the rich Americans." so I sent him a private email telling him not to ask them for money, so he sent an email to the group saying how offended he was and he realized Chris was not a true Prophet, I guess James was looking for a real profit instead.

            Do you have an address that I can contact to get a sample issue of this
            magazine? Thanks!

            On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 22:00 +0000, John wrote:
            > You may remember a series of posts in June and July 2010 about James Mubiru and a group of 200+ in Uganda. James had apparently previously been associated with the LDS Church, the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Strangites and he came to our attention when he became associated with Chris Nemelka's Marvelous Work and a Wonder. Then James separated from Nemelka and his organization.
            >
            > Well, the following appears in the October-November 2010 issue of The Green Olive Branch, the magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830, in an article about the church's work in Africa:
            >
            > "We presently have a call from Uganda to send someone to them to baptize 215 members and ordain priesthood who are waiting for someone with authority to come to them. Seventy Albert (Ade Ojo) Adesui will go to them as soon as funds become available."
            >
            > I strongly suspect that this is James Mubiru and the group of 200+ associated with him.
            >
            > John

          • John
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
              Here are contact details for the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830:

              Address - 30 Cliff Drive, Buckner,Missouri 64018
              Email - nglauner@...
              Website: www.firemountainpress.org

              John

              --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle@...> wrote:

              > Do you have an address that I can contact to get a sample issue of this
              > magazine? Thanks!
              >
              > On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 22:00 +0000, John wrote:
              > > You may remember a series of posts in June and July 2010 about James Mubiru and a group of 200+ in Uganda. James had apparently previously been associated with the LDS Church, the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Strangites and he came to our attention when he became associated with Chris Nemelka's Marvelous Work and a Wonder. Then James separated from Nemelka and his organization.
              > >
              > > Well, the following appears in the October-November 2010 issue of The Green Olive Branch, the magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830, in an article about the church's work in Africa:
              > >
              > > "We presently have a call from Uganda to send someone to them to baptize 215 members and ordain priesthood who are waiting for someone with authority to come to them. Seventy Albert (Ade Ojo) Adesui will go to them as soon as funds become available."
              > >
              > > I strongly suspect that this is James Mubiru and the group of 200+ associated with him.
              > >
              > > John

            • Jeffrey Needle
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
                Thanks!

                John wrote:
                > Here are contact details for the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830:
                >
                > Address - 30 Cliff Drive, Buckner,Missouri 64018
                > Email - nglauner@...
                > Website: www.firemountainpress.org
                >
                > John
                >

                > --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Needle<jeff.needle@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Do you have an address that I can contact to get a sample issue of this
                >> magazine? Thanks!
                >>
                >> On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 22:00 +0000, John wrote:
                >>> You may remember a series of posts in June and July 2010 about James Mubiru and a group of 200+ in Uganda. James had apparently previously been associated with the LDS Church, the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Strangites and he came to our attention when he became associated with Chris Nemelka's Marvelous Work and a Wonder. Then James separated from Nemelka and his organization.
                >>>
                >>> Well, the following appears in the October-November 2010 issue of The Green Olive Branch, the magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830, in an article about the church's work in Africa:
                >>>
                >>> "We presently have a call from Uganda to send someone to them to baptize 215 members and ordain priesthood who are waiting for someone with authority to come to them. Seventy Albert (Ade Ojo) Adesui will go to them as soon as funds become available."
                >>>
                >>> I strongly suspect that this is James Mubiru and the group of 200+ associated with him.
                >>>
                >>> John

              • John
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
                  Oops! Sorry, I misread the zip code. It is Buckner, Missouri 64016.

                  John

                  --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > John wrote:
                  > > Here are contact details for the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830:
                  > >
                  > > Address - 30 Cliff Drive, Buckner,Missouri 64018
                  > > Email - nglauner@...
                  > > Website: www.firemountainpress.org
                  > >
                  > > John
                  > >

                  > > --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Needle<jeff.needle@> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> Do you have an address that I can contact to get a sample issue of this
                  > >> magazine? Thanks!

                • robert robinson
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
                    The links on their web site don't work.

                    Here are contact details for the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830:

                    Address - 30 Cliff Drive, Buckner,Missouri 64018
                    Email - nglauner@...
                    Website: www.firemountainpress.org

                    John

                    --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle@...> wrote:

                    > Do you have an address that I can contact to get a sample issue of this
                    > magazine? Thanks!
                    >
                    > On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 22:00 +0000, John wrote:
                    > > You may remember a series of posts in June and July 2010 about James Mubiru and a group of 200+ in Uganda. James had apparently previously been associated with the LDS Church, the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Strangites and he came to our attention when he became associated with Chris Nemelka's Marvelous Work and a Wonder. Then James separated from Nemelka and his organization.
                    > >
                    > > Well, the following appears in the October-November 2010 issue of The Green Olive Branch, the magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830, in an article about the church's work in Africa:
                    > >
                    > > "We presently have a call from Uganda to send someone to them to baptize 215 members and ordain priesthood who are waiting for someone with authority to come to them. Seventy Albert (Ade Ojo) Adesui will go to them as soon as funds become available."
                    > >
                    > > I strongly suspect that this is James Mubiru and the group of 200+ associated with him.
                    > >
                    > > John

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
                      I cannot get the links to work either. This is the first time I have tried to go into their website for several months. The last time i tried the links worked, so something has gone wrong with the site since then. There is a strange science fiction looking picture to the right on the site but when I click on it I just get the message that there is an encoding error.

                      John

                      --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@...> wrote:

                      > The links on their web site don't work.

                    • DonaldG
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
                        There is a mirror site, where if you click on the android picture it takes you to several articles including recent revelations http://www.iinet.com/~nolan/

                        --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johndawson2831@...> wrote:

                        > I cannot get the links to work either. This is the first time I have tried to go into their website for several months. The last time i tried the links worked, so something has gone wrong with the site since then. There is a strange science fiction looking picture to the right on the site but when I click on it I just get the message that there is an encoding error.
                        >
                        > John
                        >
                        > --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The links on their web site don't work.

                      • DonaldG
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
                          http://www.iinet.com/~nolan/ This is a mirror site in which the link does work
                          --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johndawson2831@...> wrote:

                          > I cannot get the links to work either. This is the first time I have tried to go into their website for several months. The last time i tried the links worked, so something has gone wrong with the site since then. There is a strange science fiction looking picture to the right on the site but when I click on it I just get the message that there is an encoding error.
                          >
                          > John
                          >
                          > --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > The links on their web site don't work.

                        • robert robinson
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 23, 2010
                            I tried before the " prophet" got busted for child rape, and the links worked fine.

                            I cannot get the links to work either. This is the first time I have tried to go into their website for several months. The last time i tried the links worked, so something has gone wrong with the site since then. There is a strange science fiction looking picture to the right on the site but when I click on it I just get the message that there is an encoding error.

                            John

                            --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@...> wrote:

                            > The links on their web site don't work.

                          • John
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 24, 2010
                              Well, your post has caught me by surprise. My understanding has been that the "prophet" of the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830 is Nolan W. Glauner and the October - November 2010 of the Green Olive Branch says that he is the President of Seventy and a member of the Acting Presidency. Also the October - November issue contains revelations received by Nolan Glauner in August, September, October and November 2010. There is nothing to suggest that he has been removed from office, that he is in prison or otherwise unavailable or not functioning in office or that anything untoward has occurred.

                              John

                              --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@...> wrote:

                              > I tried before the " prophet" got busted for child rape, and the links worked fine.

                            • Steven Shields
                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 24, 2010
                                Could you enlighten us and give us the details please?

                                I tried before the " prophet" got busted for child rape, and the links worked fine.

                                I cannot get the links to work either. This is the first time I have tried to go into their website for several months. The last time i tried the links worked, so something has gone wrong with the site since then. There is a strange science fiction looking picture to the right on the site but when I click on it I just get the message that there is an encoding error.

                                John

                                --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@...> wrote:

                                > The links on their web site don't work.

                              • Ashley
                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 25, 2010
                                  I think Robinson is confused again. He obviously has mistaken the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830 for the FLDS Church. One can only wonder how.

                                  --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Steven Shields <stevenlshields@...> wrote:

                                  > Could you enlighten us and give us the details please?
                                  >

                                  > ________________________________

                                • robert robinson
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Dec 26, 2010
                                    No I was referring to the group that had a prophet that claimed to be the Holy Ghost, and convinced a 15 year old to have sex with him because it was God's will, and she ended up having sex with two men from the group.

                                    I think Robinson is confused again. He obviously has mistaken the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830 for the FLDS Church. One can only wonder how.

                                    --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, Steven Shields <stevenlshields@...> wrote:

                                    > Could you enlighten us and give us the details please?

                                  • John
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Dec 27, 2010
                                      The group that you are thinking of where two leaders have been arrested is the Church of the Firstborn and the General Assembly of Heaven. As far as I know they have not yet been tried an convicted so the charges against them have the status of allegations. In any case this group has no connection whatsoever with the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830 which has been approached by the people in Uganda and publishes the Green Olive Branch. These two groups are from completely different strands of the LDS movement.

                                    • robert robinson
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Dec 27, 2010
                                        Thanks for the clarification.