Re: [LDSgroups] Re: The Three Nephites???

  • godchasersw@msn.com
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 8, 2010
      I too am learning about the many and diverse branches of Mormonism. I was raised in a church that sprung from another part of the Restoration Movement (like Sidney Rigdon and Alexander Campbell). Presently I am with another church from that movement.

      I am not quite sure about the difference between the Three Nephite testimonies and the angel experiences of so many different kinds of Christians.

      From: Jas E Elliott <jelliott6523@...>
      Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:05:17 -0800 (PST)
      To: <LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [LDSgroups] Re: The Three Nephites???

      My dictionary has this for snide: Expressing disapproval in an offensive, sly or malicious manner.  My e-mail told of my mothers testimony.  A man helped her cross a street in Chicago.  She chose to believe the man was a Nephite. Was I being sly, offensive or malicious?

      I know the originator of this web enterprise wanted to talk only of different off shoots of Mormonism. To him I apologise.  Maybe the devil made me do it.

       James E Elliott

      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 10, 2010
        Hi-

        I'm with CCFInternational (Formerly known as Christ's Church Fellowship)  a 22 year old denomination which grew out of charismatic ministers and members of Churches of Christ, Disciples of Christ, and Christian Churches.  These churches in turn came from the 2nd Great Awakening (Cane Ridge Revival) (Barton W Stone and Thomas and Alexander Campbell)  Sidney Rigdon was part of this movement prior to his involvement with Joseph Smith and the Latter Day Saints.  The Churches of Christ and Christian Churches (Disciples of Christ)  still consider themselves part of the Restoration Movement.  Another interesting sidelight is that Alexander Campbell also did his own version of the Bible.  Isn't it interesting to see how many different churches have come out of a movement to restore the unity of Chist's body on the basis of New Testament Christianity.

        Most of our churches are now in Africa now ........but that's another story for another day.

        Blessings.

        +David  C Holdridge
         Presiding Bishop, CCFInternational
        "Connecting and Building Life Giving Churches and Leaders Who Make Disciples of all Nations....Since 1988"

        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bishop-David-Holdridge/272978520046?ref=mf
        http://www.google.com/profiles/BroHoldridge
        http://www.facebook.com/Bishop.Holdridge
        http://twitter.com/BishopHoldridge
        http://myspace.com/drholdridge
        http://BishopHoldridge.org
        http://www.CCFinc.org
        reply to:
        BroHoldridge@...

        To: LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com
        From: obadiahorthodox@...
        Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:33:36 -0800

        If you dont mind me asking, which Restoration Church do you come from? I find all these little Restoration Churches a lot more interesting than the main ones.

        From: Jas E Elliott <jelliott6523@ sbcglobal. net>
        Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:05:17 -0800 (PST)
        To: <LDSgroups@yahoogrou ps.com>