FLDS Church - New President

  • John
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2010

    Wendell Loy Nielsen has been appointed President of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in place of Warren Jeffs. Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency. I have attached the relevant certificate.

    John

  • robert robinson
    Message 2 of 12 , Feb 7, 2010
      Is that because Warren Jeffs is in prison?

      Wendell Loy Nielsen has been appointed President of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in place of Warren Jeffs. Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency. I have attached the relevant certificate.

      John

    • jmloy
      Message 3 of 12 , Feb 7, 2010
        Is there a website for this organization?

        --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johndawson2831@...> wrote:

        > Wendell Loy Nielsen has been appointed President of the Fundamentalist
        > Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in place of Warren Jeffs.
        > Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency. I have
        > attached the relevant certificate.
        >

        > John

      • John
        Message 4 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
          I don't know for certain but my guess is that if Warren Jeffs had never been arrested and convicted he would never have resigned as FLDS president.

          John

          --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@...> wrote:

          > Is that because Warren Jeffs is in prison?

        • John
          Message 5 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
            Yes, here are some websites: http://flds.com/; http://www.fldstruth.org/; http://www.truthwillprevail.org/. The FLDS school in Bountiful, British Columbia, also has a website at http://www.bountifulschool.org/. It is interesting that there seems to be no mention of Nielsen succeeding to the presidency on the websites and Nielsen's photo has not yet been added to those of the prophets. Yet there is clearly a legal certificate saying that he is now the president.

            John

            --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "jmloy" <jmloy@...> wrote:

            > Is there a website for this organization?
            >
            > --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johndawson2831@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Wendell Loy Nielsen has been appointed President of the Fundamentalist
            > > Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in place of Warren Jeffs.
            > > Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency. I have
            > > attached the relevant certificate.
            > >

            > > John

          • robert robinson
            Message 6 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
              The first two links are broken, the last two work

              Yes, here are some websites: http://flds. com/; http://www.fldstrut h.org/; http://www.truthwil lprevail. org/. The FLDS school in Bountiful, British Columbia, also has a website at http://www.bountifu lschool.org/ . It is interesting that there seems to be no mention of Nielsen succeeding to the presidency on the websites and Nielsen's photo has not yet been added to those of the prophets. Yet there is clearly a legal certificate saying that he is now the president.

              John

              --- In LDSgroups@yahoogrou ps.com, "jmloy" <jmloy@...> wrote:

              > Is there a website for this organization?
              >
              > --- In LDSgroups@yahoogrou ps.com, "John" <johndawson2831@ > wrote:
              > >
              > > Wendell Loy Nielsen has been appointed President of the Fundamentalist
              > > Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in place of Warren Jeffs.
              > > Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency. I have
              > > attached the relevant certificate.
              > >

              > > John

            • John
              Message 7 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
                It's those pesky gaps again that I keep forgetting about. Let's try again.

                http://flds.com
                http://www.fldstruth.org
                http://www.truthwillprevail.org
                http://www.bountifulschool.org

                If these links don't work, you need to type in these addresses without gaps.

                John

                --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@...> wrote:

                > The first two links are broken, the last two work

              • robert robinson
                Message 8 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
                  The links work now. Just by chance,a long time ago I found their website and they had audio and video along with up to date news. I feel sorry for them that the Government wont leave them alone, they dont bother anybody, I even thought about joining them once upon a time.

                • amicus@webtv.net
                  Message 9 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
                    <<Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency.>>

                    That seems odd to me. Does the FLDS have a quorum of the 12?

                    Wouldn't the president of that quorum be the one to take over?

                    1st Counselor succession seems more in keeping wth the Sidney Rigdon
                    tradition than a Utah Mormon one.
                  • John
                    Message 10 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
                      Steven Shields, who is overseas at present, has emailed me. He has suggested that Wendell Nielsen's appointment as the FLDS Church President does not mean that he is the FLDS prophet. Steven believes that Nielsen has become the president for legal reasons following Warren Jeffs' conviction (the FLDS Church being a corporation) but that Warren Jeffs remains the prophet. Certainly everything coming out of the FLDS Church indicates that the FLDS members still regard Warren Jeffs as being the prophet. It could well be that Warren Jeffs resigned as the president but not as the prophet. It does not necessarily follow that the president is also the prophet although they usually are. What Steven is suggesting makes sense to me. There is a really good article about the FLDS Church in the February issue of the National Geographic. Look out for it if you haven't seen it.

                      John

                      --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johndawson2831@...> wrote:

                      > Wendell Loy Nielsen has been appointed President of the Fundamentalist
                      > Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in place of Warren Jeffs.
                      > Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency. I have
                      > attached the relevant certificate.
                      >

                      > John

                    • John
                      Message 11 of 12 , Feb 8, 2010
                        I'm not sure what the FLDS system of succession is. Warren Jeffs' predecessor as president was his father Rulon Jeffs. Was Warren president of the FLDS Quorum of the Twelve when his father died? If he was, this would suggest that the FLDS system of succession is the same as the LDS system. If he was not, then the FLDS system of succession is different.

                        John

                        --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, amicus@... wrote:

                        > <<Nielsen was previously 1st Counselor in the church presidency.>>
                        >

                        > That seems odd to me. Does the FLDS have a quorum of the 12?
                        >
                        > Wouldn't the president of that quorum be the one to take over?
                        >
                        > 1st Counselor succession seems more in keeping wth the Sidney Rigdon
                        > tradition than a Utah Mormon one.

                      • Bill Russell
                        Message 12 of 12 , Feb 9, 2010

                          Maybe they have their own method.  It is hard to find a worse system than the old RLDS system of only a direct male descendant of Joseph Smith or the LDS method of the senior apostle.  Recall when in 1970 (or 71?) 96 year old David O. McKay died only to be succeeded by a young cat, only 92.

                          I have a name so I’ll use it.

                          Bill Russell