Re: Aaronic Order Sacrifices

  • johndawson2831
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
      I sent an email to the Aaronic Order inquiring about the sanctuary and whether animal sacrifices would be practised there. I received the following reply. You will see that the answer is "no"; animal sacrifices will not be practised because Christ's sacrifice is sufficient.

      John

      "Thank you for your observations about the Sanctuary we are planning to build.

      This is a Sanctuary (set-apart or holy place), not a Tabernacle. It is not intended to replace either the Tabernacle (which was portable), or the Temple, which belongs in Jerusalem. It is a place for Aaron and Levi to prepare for service to all Israel as our god (YWHW) gathers His people in this day.

      Yeshua (Jesus) is the focus of our worship, and will be the pattern for worship and ministry in our Sanctuary. His sacrifice is sufficient, so we do not anticipate the resumption of animal sacrifices.

      Thank you for your interest in Levi's service in Israel.

      The House of Aaron"

      --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, "Donald E. Gosselin" <donald42@...> wrote:

      > I was looking on the Aaronic Orders web site and came across, these photos that seem to show they have built a replica of the ancient Tabernacle as described in the Old Testament http://photos.houseofaaron.org/GalleryThumbnails.aspx?gallery=158046&page=2 In another place on the web site there's a picture of of a rendering of a proposed sanctuary, that might be considered a temple http://houseofaaron.org/sanctuary_update.htm Does this mean they are currently practising Old Testament type sacrifices?

    • Donald E. Gosselin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2009
        Did you find out anything about the other pictures of the tabernacle replica, like if it's theirs or pictures from another source?

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
          No, I didn't ask about the tabernacle replica and the photos but only about the sanctuary and animal sacrifices. Maybe I'll go back and ask.

          John

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6, 2009
            I sent another email to the Aaronic Order about the photos of the replicas of the Tabernacle and its vessels. I received the following reply.

            John

            "The photos are of replicas made by others of the Tabernacle and Temple furnishings. We use them as visual aids in learning about how God commanded Israel to worship Him in the past.

            We have not designed our furnishings and vessels yet, as we feel there is more to be learned before we commit to a design. Such items must serve specific purposes which have not yet been fully revealed in this day.

            Thank you for your interest in Levi's service to a restored people of Israel.

          • amicus@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6, 2009
              <<Such items must serve specific purposes which have not yet been fully
              revealed in this day.>>

              Since their founder Glendenning has died who has been appointed to
              receive revelations?
            • Donald E. Gosselin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 6, 2009
                Others can correct me, if I'm wrong, but Glendennings calling is considered unique, and no one was called to receive revelations, in the way that he did.