Restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - Leadership Change

  • John
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 1, 2009

      The Restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has announced on its website at http://reallds.org/ that there have been changes in the First Presidency and Quorum of Twelve Apostles and that the Quorum of Presiding Patriarch/Evangelists has been established. This was supposedly announced in a press conference on May 30 in Independence . Has anybody heard of this press conference and of the individuals named? This church still remains elusive in terms of tracking down any of its members, buildings or meetings.

      John

    • tom arnold
      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 8, 2009
        Michael,

        Hey I love conversing about religion and the gospel as well. Good stuff.

        Well I don't think the second coming is metaphorical as well. But I do think that when Christ returns he will not only return in the body as Jesus but also every eye will see his presence in us as well as we are caught up to meet him.  I also don't believe in a "rapture" either. I haven't for some time now. I think if anyone honestly read the scriptures for themselves they also will not come to this conclusion.

        In Christ,

        Tom

        From: disciplet@yahoo. com
        Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 06:00:43 -0700

        Michael,

        I had to re-read the diary entry and you are right there is not a second voice. I thought there was for some reason. I am glad to hear that you have the Bible and BoM on the same level. That is good to hear. Also I do understand the servant and example role of Jesus. Plus we are in agreement about the Holy Spirit.

        I do agree that the HS is Christ with us as well.

        I have read a good article about how the second coming of Christ will be a divine manifestation within us which is in accord with Theosis.

        Great conversation.

        Tom

        From: disciplet@yahoo. com
        Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 03:55:31 -0700

        Well that is interesting that you think there would not be a second voice. When Jesus was baptized a second voice was heard.  I do believe and respect the Book of Mormon but we must not totally phase out the Bible in lieu of the BoM. Both complement each other.

        I don't have a problem with oneness theology. However we must then proceed that if Jesus is the Father and the Son we must also contend that he is also the Holy Spirit. Which means that when we receive the Holy Spirit then we are receiving the very person of God into us. Which is why we must take upon us the name of Christ because Christ himself is within us.  Which is why when the Holy Spirit is present all the gifts of Christ are also present. We are Christ to the world.

        I used to go to a Oneness Pentecostal Church. I agree that that is merit in their beliefs however I don't think they have the true gifts of the Holy Spirit.

        In Christ,

        Tom

        From: disciplet@yahoo. com
        Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 05:42:55 -0700

        Hello all,

        I would love to jump in on this conversation. I too have read David Whitmers letters and got a great deal out of them collectively. I also wandered what and when a new "whitmerite" church would start with 12 disciples united in the bond of love of Christ would start. Very Awesome.

        Also I would agree more with Joseph seeing only one personage but hearing a second voice declaring his son as it is written in Josephs own journal. or so I have heard.

        I believe Whitmer was an honest God fearing man. I also think the BOM when read without church interpretation will lead to a fuller understanding of who Christ is.

        Would love further dialoge.

        Tom

        From: amicus@webtv. net
        Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:44:47 -0700

        <<Originally it was one personage that showed up to Joseph Smith and
        that was the Lord Jesus Christ who the book of mormon  calls "The
        Everlasting Father". There were not two personages. Jesus Christ is the
        only personage. The Book of Mormon is very unitarian from my reading of
        it.>>

        Oneness theology, Jesus-only, Sabellianism.

        Interesting!