Christ Church Inc

  • johndawson2831
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
      Christ Church Inc is led by Frank Ciotti & is registered as a
      corporation in New Mexico. Its address & phone number are given as:
      9201 San Leandro Lane NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87114-5393; Phone
      505.831.2150

      I understand this is an LDS group. Has anybody had any contact with
      this church & can anybody advise regarding its current status?

      Thanks.

      John
    • Jeffrey Needle
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
        I'd be interested in learning more, too. Never heard of them or of Ciotti.

        --
        -------------------------------
        Jeffrey Needle
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
          Further to my previous posting about Christ Church Inc., I have been
          searching through Steven Shields' old Latter Day Saint History
          newsletters. This church or group came to light in the newsletter of
          June 1997. It was reported that Frank Ciotti, formerly associated
          with the Church of Jesus Christ (Bickerton), led a group out of that
          church in 1993 or 1994 & incorporated a new church. It was reported
          that the new church was located mostly in California & New Mexico &
          subsequently an address in New Mexico was obtained. However, I have
          so far not managed to establish contact with this church. It was
          originally reported as being called Christ's Church but I have found
          through searching the corporations records of the State of New
          Mexico that it is registered there as Christ Church Inc.

          I have not been able to establish why this church broke away from
          the Church of Jesus Christ, what its beliefs are, whether those
          beliefs differ from those of the Church of Jesus Christ (Bickerton)&
          whether it is still functioning as a church. I have been unable to
          find an email address or website for the church. I will let you know
          if I learn more. In the meantime if anybody knows anything further
          about this church, please let me know.

          John
        • dothanpat@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
            Hello,

            The following is an address for a Christ Church, Inc. in New Mexico.

            CHRIST CHURCH INC 12550 Central Ave SW Ste 57 Albuquerque, NM 87121

                If you need to learn more about any church which has received formal IRS tax exempt recognition, you can request a copy of their 1023 form from the IRS by filling out the IRS form 4506-a. A link to that form is below.

            Patrick

          • Robert McKay
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
              On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:54:33 EST dothanpat@... writes:

              > CHRIST CHURCH INC 12550 Central
              Ave SW Ste 57 Albuquerque, NM 87121

              Go out my driveway, turn left, and keep going for a good way, and you'll get there - I live on Central.    :)

              Robert McKay
              goffscalifornia@...
              Wi a strang haund

            • johndawson2831
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
                Thanks to all of you who have posted items about Christ Church Inc.
                Now there are two churches with similar incorporated names that we
                must be careful not to confuse. Frank Ciotti's church originally
                came to my notice some years ago by the name of "Christ's Church"
                but it is incorporated in New Mexico as "Christ Church Inc."
                NOT "Christ's Church Inc.". Chris, the fundamentalist church that
                you belong to is incorporated, I believe in Utah, as "Christ's
                Church Inc.".

                So we have two distinct churches & corporations. "Christ Church
                Inc." (Ciotti's church) which is incorporated in New Mexico
                & "Christ's Church Inc." (the church you belong to, Chris) which is
                incorporated in Utah. The H. Michael Marquardt papers that have been
                mentioned refer to "Christ's Church, Inc." & I think these must
                relate to the fundamentalist church & not Ciotti's church.

                Thanks, Patrick, for the Central Avenue address in Albuquerque. As
                this refers to "Christ Church Inc." rather than "Christ's Church
                Inc." I think this probably relates to Ciotti's church rather than
                the church Chris belongs to. Would you agree, Chris? I have not seen
                this Central Avenue address before. So I am grateful for this
                further possible point of contact. The San Leandro Lane address is
                the address given in the New Mexico corporation records.

                Robert, you say that you live on Central but that this address is
                a "good way". I assume that a "good way" means "miles" but if you
                ever find yourself near that address I would be grateful if you
                could see what's there. If you don't feel able to knock, perhaps you
                could see if the church's name is outside. But don't go out of your
                way if you don't normally go that way. Is the church listed in your
                phone book there in Albuquerque?

                Thanks again.