Re: You Tube Video - Church of Christ With The Elijah Message

  • johndawson2831
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 2, 2007
      The reason virtually all churches in the LDS movement rebaptize
      people who've previously been baptized elsewhere (either in another
      LDS group or in a mainstream Christian church)is because of the
      concepts in the LDS movement of "the only true & living church on
      the face of the whole earth" & "priesthood authority". Virtually all
      LDS groups believe they are the only true & living church & only
      they have the true priesthood authority & that even other LDS groups
      are not the true church & do not have priesthood authority.
      Consequently most LDS groups baptize people who want to join them
      even if they have previously been baptized elsewhere because, so far
      as they are concerned, the people have not really been baptized
      before. Their previous baptism was not valid because it was in a
      false church without priesthood authority.

      John

      --- In LDSgroups@yahoogroups.com, robert robinson
      <obadiahorthodox@...> wrote:

      > Yes, in all the restoration groups I've joined, they all
      rebaptize. I traditional Christian Churches, they usually accept
      each other's Baptisms.

      5:13:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, sscgbr@... writes:

      > I was baptized both into the LDS Church and later into the
      Community of Christ. There is only one dunking. I haven't heard of
      any restoration churches doing triple immersion. In fact, the only
      church I've heard about that does it that way is the Greek Orthodox.

    • Patlabb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 2, 2007
        In a message dated 10/2/2007 5:13:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, johndawson2831@... writes:
        The reason virtually all churches in the LDS movement rebaptize
        people who've previously been baptized elsewhere (either in another
        LDS group or in a mainstream Christian church)is because of the
        concepts in the LDS movement of "the only true & living church on
        the face of the whole earth" & "priesthood authority". Virtually all
        LDS groups believe they are the only true & living church & only
        they have the true priesthood authority & that even other LDS groups
        are not the true church & do not have priesthood authority.
        Consequently most LDS groups baptize people who want to join them
        even if they have previously been baptized elsewhere because, so far
        as they are concerned, the people have not really been baptized
        before. Their previous baptism was not valid because it was in a
        false church without priesthood authority.
        It is a real shame that most LDS/Restoration groups work against the Christian Church as a whole by claiming to be God's ONLY true Church. Authority? Look what authority has gotten us in our current government. A ruthless dictatorship where opponents are "disappeared", the government wiretaps and spies on its own citizens, Americans and others are held in internment camps for being suspected terrorists or "enemy combatants"  and our "president" is the only DECIDER.  I'll go with the one true God  of all: Christian Muslim, Jewish and all others and not bow down to an authoritative Church or government!