The Kolob Order

  • johndawson2831
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
      An organization in France has come to light called the Kolob Order.
      This organization seems to combine LDS teachings with masonry, UFOs,
      the paranormal & (if any of you have read any of the Holy Blood,
      Holy Grail genre of books) information about Rennes-le-Chateau. I am
      still trying to understand what this organization is about & this is
      made all the more difficult because most of the information is in
      French & my knowledge of French is very limited. However, I have
      gathered from one of their pages that they are not a church but a
      group that has come together to share a philosophy. They apparently
      have 12 founders who do not use their real names but call themselves
      names like Adama, Baal & Lehi. They also appear to call themselves
      the International Order of the Knights of the Star of Kolob. They
      seem to also have a branch in the Ivory Coast. I am still trying to
      understand whether this is a part of the LDS movement that has an
      interest in things Masonic & paranormal or a Masonic or paranormal
      organization that has an interest in things LDS. They say that they
      are not a church but I don't know whether its founders are members
      of an already existing LDS church. Here are links to some websites
      some of which include video clips:

      http://dabble.com/node/19748157
      http://librarykoloborder.blog4ever.com/blog/index-62297.html
      http://koloborderafricaabidjan.blog4ever.com/blog/index-83866.html
      http://www.neufstream.com/video/x2t9tx_kolob-order-presentation-de-
      lassoci_blog

      More sites may be found by typing "Kolob Order" into Google. This
      will also enable you to access the Google translation facility to
      translate sites into English. If anyone in the discussion group
      understands French, I would be grateful for any insights you can
      give into this material.

      John
    • dakatcher@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
        how about references to the old Battlestar Galatica

      • John Dawson
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007

          Yes, the TV producer behind the old Battlestar Galactica TV series (whose name escapes me for the moment) is LDS. There has been debate in various circles about how his LDS beliefs influenced the plot of the series but this is the first time I have seen the LDS beliefs with the Battlestar Galactica twist form part of the philosophy or teaching of what appears to be a serious group or organization.

          John

          how about references to the old Battlestar Galatica

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • Patlabb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
            In a message dated 9/6/2007 5:03:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, johndawson2831@... writes:

            Yes, the TV producer behind the old Battlestar Galactica TV series (whose name escapes me for the moment) is LDS. There has been debate in various circles about how his LDS beliefs influenced the plot of the series but this is the first time I have seen the LDS beliefs with the Battlestar Galactica twist form part of the philosophy or teaching of what appears to be a serious group or organization.

            It is so obvious to ANYONE who has watched Battlestar Galactica. All the  non-Christian aspects beliefs of the LDS are incorporated, such as Kolob, Council of Twelve, Adama, etc....

          • Robert McKay
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
              On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 05:07:07 EDT Patlabb@... writes:

              > It is so obvious to ANYONE who has watched Battlestar Galactica. All
              the  non-Christian aspects beliefs of
              > the LDS are incorporated, such as Kolob, Council of Twelve, Adama,
              etc....

              It would be obvious to those who fit that description *and* know something about the LDS church.  But most people know nothing about the church, or else what they "know" isn't accurate.  The average American those terms would be as recognizable as chajangmyung or Yi Sun-shin (for those who don't know - and I expect that's pretty much everyone here<g> - those are both Korean; the first is noodles with a dark thick sauce, and the other is one of Korea's military heros, the man who invented the ironclad warship).

              Robert McKay
              goffscalifornia@...
              Don't try to teach a pig to sing.  It only frustrates you and annoys the pig.