Re: [LDSgroups] FW: The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ

  • Patlabb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
      In a message dated 7/31/2007 8:33:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jeff.needle@... writes:
      Inasmuch as much of this is available on the internet, wouldn't posting a
      url be better than forcing people on dial-up, like me, to wait forever for
      a 700K download?
      Dial up? Ya better get DSL...it's the 21st Century!  :)

    • robert robinson

        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
          Sadly, it isn't in my budget right now. I use a dial-up account at 9.95
          a month. I looked at Cox, but couldn't justify the expense right now.

          --

          ---------------------------
          Jeffrey Needle
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
            Patlabb@... wrote:
            > In a message dated 7/31/2007 8:33:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > jeff.needle@... writes:
            >
            > Inasmuch as much of this is available on the internet, wouldn't
            > posting a
            > url be better than forcing people on dial-up, like me, to wait
            > forever for
            > a 700K download?
            >
            > Dial up? Ya better get DSL...it's the 21st Century! :)

            I will do it right away. What, precisely, is your billing address? I'm
            SO glad that so many are willing to fork over the money to get me up to
            DSL. What a comfort! <grin>

            --

            ---------------------------
            Jeffrey Needle
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
              Not enough income to justify DSL right now. Maybe later.

              --

              ---------------------------
              Jeffrey Needle
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                DSL Extreme-12.95 a month.  That's 10 cents a day.  I'll send you a dime a day if that is not in your budget.

                --

                ------------ --------- ------
                Jeffrey Needle

                It's really hard to dance when you're carrying the piano.
                Let life unfold.

                Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

              • Jeffrey Needle
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Ach, maybe later <grin>.

                  I haven't seen access here in San Diego for less than 30 bucks a month or
                  so. Who is offering it so cheap?

                  --
                  -------------------------------
                  Jeffrey Needle
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                    Thanks!

                    --
                    -------------------------------
                    Jeffrey Needle
                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                      On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 20:39:57 -0400, Robert McKay
                      <goffscalifornia@...> wrote:

                      > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:14:03 -0400 Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle@...>
                      > writes:
                      >
                      >> Sadly, it isn't in my budget right now. I use a dial-up account at
                      >> 9.95
                      >> a month. I looked at Cox, but couldn't justify the expense right
                      >> now.
                      >
                      > My Juno account is $10 a year - but it's nothing but e-mail and 10 hours
                      > of Web access a month (not that I need anything more than that). I'd
                      > love something with a greater connect speed, but that costs considerably
                      > more than I can afford.<g>
                      >
                      > Robert McKay
                      > goffscalifornia@...
                      > *Half-Life* is on its way!

                      Hey, how are you? Good to see your name again.

                      My dial-up is 9.95 a month, but it's unlimited time on the web. I will
                      likely have to wait to upgrade, at least until the fall. I'm off to
                      Sunstone next week, compliments of friends who are paying the airfare and
                      hotel!! Great folks.

                      --
                      -------------------------------
                      Jeffrey Needle
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                        Ach, I'm disabled, live on Social Security, and life in San Diego is very,
                        very expensive. Can't move right now.

                        --
                        -------------------------------
                        Jeffrey Needle
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                          A company called DSL Extreme.
                          Mention that you heard about it on KFI-640 radio and you can get it for 12.95  per month.
                          I think you have to ante up for a 1 or 2 year contract but that should not be any problem, especially if you are comparing to dial-up.
                          Everything I have heard about DSL Extreme has been positive

                          Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle@...> wrote:
                          Ach, maybe later .

                          I haven't seen access here in San Diego for less than 30 bucks a month or
                          so. Who is offering it so cheap?

                          On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:39:19 -0400, malorange wrote:

                          > DSL Extreme-12.95 a month. That's 10 cents a day. I'll send you a dime
                          > a day if that is not in your budget.
                          >
                          > Jeffrey Needle wrote: Sadly, it isn't
                          > in my budget right now. I use a dial-up account at 9.95
                          > a month. I looked at Cox, but couldn't justify the expense right now.
                          >
                          > robert robinson wrote:
                          >> I use cox cable, it's great, super fast, no dial up waiting time, plus I
                          >> always hated tying up the phone.
                          >>
                          >> */Jeffrey Needle /* wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Inasmuch as much of this is available on the internet, wouldn't
                          >> posting a
                          >> url be better than forcing people on dial-up, like me, to wait
                          >> forever for
                          >> a 700K download?
                          >>
                          >> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:02:23 -0400, John Dawson
                          >> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> > The correct email address of the Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ is
                          >> > latterdaychurchofchrist2006@... & they have now corrected
                          >> this on
                          >> > their blog. Matthew Gill. The prophet of this church has now sent me
                          >> > extensive information & documents about this church & I am sharing
                          >> them
                          >> > with
                          >> > you for your interest.
                          >> >

                          >> > John

                          >> Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers
                          >> from
                          >> someone who knows.
                          >> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

                          <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:
                          mailto:LDSgroups-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          mailto:LDSgroups-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          Message 12 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                            I live in Chula Vista -- you know where that is! I've lived in the same
                            complex for 30 years now. It's a beautiful place, as you know.

                            If you haven't been to San Diego for a while, you wouldn't recognize it.
                            The goold old places, like most of the places you ate at, are gone. The
                            city cleared out the area and put in "The Gaslamp District" -- very high
                            priced, etc. And Petco Park, the new stadium, has driven just about
                            everyone else out of the downtown area. I would eat from time to time at
                            St. Vincent de Paul, free lunch every day. They still serve, but it's
                            amazing how much luxury you must walk through to get to the place where
                            they feed the homeless.

                            Ever think of coming back? It ain't the same, my friend.

                            --
                            -------------------------------
                            Jeffrey Needle
                            Message 13 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007

                              Message 14 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                                On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:24:02 -0700 (PDT) malorange <malorange@...> writes:

                                > Mention that you heard about it on KFI-640 radio and you can get it
                                for
                                > 12.95  per month.

                                My dad used to listen to Hilly Rose on KFI when I was growing up in the Mojave Desert.  It was one of the few radio stations we could get.  In fact, the only ones I can remember besides KFI were KDWN in Las Vegas, the Needles station, and KXXR (I think those were the call letters; they called it X-Rock 80) in El Paso.

                                Message 15 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                                  Yes it is a very strong signal, especially at night.
                                  Even now, with all the other competition for airwaves, KFI can be heard far and wide.
                                  Leo LaPorte is the technical guy who has a show on the weekend and talks about DSL Extreme all the time.  I think Bill Handel in the morning drive program airs their commercials also.

                                  On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:24:02 -0700 (PDT) malorange <malorange@yahoo. com> writes:

                                  > Mention that you heard about it on KFI-640 radio and you can get it for
                                  > 12.95  per month.

                                  My dad used to listen to Hilly Rose on KFI when I was growing up in the Mojave Desert.  It was one of the few radio stations we could get.  In fact, the only ones I can remember besides KFI were KDWN in Las Vegas, the Needles station, and KXXR (I think those were the call letters; they called it X-Rock 80) in El Paso.

                                  Robert McKay
                                  goffscalifornia@ juno.com
                                  *Half-Life* is on its way!
                                  ------------ --------- --------- --------- -
                                  The reason why a wicked man doth not turn unto God is not because he cannot (though he cannot), but because he will not.    --W. Fenner.

                                  It's really hard to dance when you're carrying the piano.
                                  Let life unfold.

                                  Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

                                • robert robinson
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                                        On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 19:59:59 -0700 (PDT) robert robinson <obadiahorthodox@...> writes:

                                        > WOW, I used to live in San Diego back in the 70s and 80s downtown at
                                        > the California Hotel on 6th and F st

                                        I've only been in San Diego once, back in 93.

                                        There was a California Hotel in Needles, and when the Eagles' *Hotel California* album came out I immediately made the connection (of course the only place the Eagles had probably ever encountered Needles was the Three Dog Night song<g>).  I understand that it burned down some years ago, but the last time I was in Needles, or anywhere near there, was 1977.

                                        Robert McKay
                                        goffscalifornia@...
                                        *Half-Life* is on its way!
                                        2008 - anyone but Hillary
                                      • robert robinson
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Aug 1, 2007
                                          Never went to Chula Vista, You're lucky, I was in S.D. when they tore down all the old hotels downtown, and built the Horton Plaza Mall, it looks like Disney Land on L.S.D. Ever wonder WHY there are so many Homeless in San Diego? THEY TORE DOWN ALL THE CHEAP HOTELS. And then they complain...O.M.G. How could they be so stupid??? I used to pay 20 bucks a week for a room downtown. I was off the street, everything was fine, and then they had to go and RUIN EVERYTHING.

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Aug 2, 2007
                                            Yup, I agree.

                                            My section of Chula Vista has also changed, but I think for the better. I
                                            can't drive any more, so shopping nearby is important. We have plenty of
                                            that. And disabled bus passes, that include the trolley, are only 15
                                            bucks a month, so I can get around all I like.