Re: [LDSgroups] RE: Welcom New Members

  • William Sheldon
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 29, 2006
      Dear Jackie:
      I do not have in my records that I responded to this general
      statement of yours below, but please accept this a 1/8 rebuttal and 7/8
      sgreement, so to. speak.
      I fully agree with your indignant comments concerning Joseph Smith and
      what he taught in later years, which became fixed upon the Church in
      general. But you have not read much if any about Granville Hedrick and
      his teachings which fully supported your statements; and he became the
      presiding officer in this Church of Christ whiich is a genuine remnant
      of the Church of Christ organized in 1830, and was not the Church of
      Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints organized really in 1838, though it
      claims to be the original Church of 1830. Sad to say, many innovations
      developed, especially in the Nauvoo church, but organically, there were
      human innovations in the structure of the Church going back as early as
      1831.
      Now your estimation of polygamy as a scriptural allowance practically is
      the same as that of the "Mormons". (LDS at SLC). Actually, nowhere in
      the Bible or Book of Momon is there ANY direction from God in the
      practice of polygamy, but the Book of Mormon DOES call it an
      abomination. In the O.T., the Lord blessed the ancient ones in spite of
      their ignorance, and not because of it. After He commanded the Nephites
      not have more than one wife, nor any concubines, that was His divine law
      thereafter.
      As the Apostle Paul said concerning idol worship, which is a parallel to
      practicing polygamy: The times of this ignorance God winked at, but
      now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. PERIOD!
      iF YOU WISH TO GO INTO SUCH MATTERS FURTHER, I AM AVAILABLE.
      Sincerely, in the service of our Master Jesus Christ, Wm. Sheldon