alinco dx70 interface

  • iagiob
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 28, 2004
      I am getting a Dx70Th and wonder if anyone has home brewed an
      interface to the Z100.
      Thanks Iagio
    • ultrafixedwing@juno.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 28, 2004
        I have the one LDG sells for the DX-70. You're supposed to be able to hit the tune button on the rig to tune. Mine doesn't. I don't see any use for the interface for the DX-70. I still have to hit the tune button on the tuner.
        Paul
        KS2S

        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • ldgelectronics
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 28, 2004
          Iagio,

          Lot's of people build thier own cables. The information for the
          connections are available on our web site.

          For those that prefer to plug and play, we offer the AL-IC1 / AC-1
          cables. It allows you to press the Tune button on the radio to
          control the tuner. It also powers the tuner with 12 volts DC.

          Dwayne Kincaid

          > I am getting a Dx70Th and wonder if anyone has home brewed an
          > interface to the Z100.
          > Thanks Iagio
        • vk5zuc
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
            Dwayne
            Some time ago you stated that the Yaesu interface cable info would
            be on your web site.
            I can find the Icom Alinco one.
            I have a Z-100 and a FT-100D
            Andrew

            --- In LDG-auto-tuners@yahoogroups.com, "ldgelectronics"
            <ldgyahoo@l...> wrote:
            > Iagio,
            >
            > Lot's of people build thier own cables. The information for the
            > connections are available on our web site.
            >
            > For those that prefer to plug and play, we offer the AL-IC1 / AC-1
            > cables. It allows you to press the Tune button on the radio to
            > control the tuner. It also powers the tuner with 12 volts DC.
            >
            > Dwayne Kincaid
            >

            > > I am getting a Dx70Th and wonder if anyone has home brewed an
            > > interface to the Z100.
            > > Thanks Iagio
          • iagio Bucceli
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
              "ultrafixedwing@..." <ultrafixedwing@...> wrote:

              I have the one LDG sells for the DX-70. You're supposed to be able to hit the tune button on the rig to tune. Mine doesn't. I don't see any use for the interface for the DX-70. I still have to hit the tune button on the tuner.
              Paul
              KS2S
              Hi Paul thanks for the info..Itried to make the interface but if I hit tune on the z100 it would start but the tx would drop out.I have a ft857 and it works fine and i can tune the antenna no problem.Iwould like to get the interface scematic diagram just in case i am screwing up.LDG tell me the info is on their site but I cant find it,they also told me that if I get their interface all I had to do is hit tune on the dx70 it would go into full tune up.. but yours doesnt so what are you going to do ..have you called them..

              Please keep me informed and if you want to det rid of the LDG interface let me know !!

              73,s Iagio
              Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • iagiob
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
                <ldgyahoo@l...> wrote:
                > Iagio,
                >
                > Lot's of people build thier own cables. The information for the
                > connections are available on our web site.
                >
                > For those that prefer to plug and play, we offer the AL-IC1 / AC-1
                > cables. It allows you to press the Tune button on the radio to
                > control the tuner. It also powers the tuner with 12 volts DC.
                >
                > Dwayne Kincaid
                >

                > > I am getting a Dx70Th and wonder if anyone has home brewed an
                > > interface to the Z100.
                > > Thanks Iagio

                Hi Dwayne thank you but I cannot find the connection info on your
                web site please let me know where..
                Thank you Iagio
              • ldgelectronics
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
                  Click on "Products", then scroll down and click on "MP-IC, MP-AL, RT-
                  IC and RT-AL" cables. Then click on "AT-11MP Interface Cables". That
                  brings up a pdf that shows the Alinco pin definitions.

                  Dwayne Kincaid
                  LDG

                  Dwayne Kincaid

                • ultrafixedwing@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
                    Even with the interface, the tune button on my DX-70 will not tune. I have to use the button on the tuner. I have one of the first made.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 30, 2004
                      Many thanks for the quick response..now I have to find the 5pin Molex.
                      Again your support is greatly appreciated.
                      Iagio

                      ldgelectronics <ldgyahoo@...> wrote:
                      Click on "Products", then scroll down and click on "MP-IC, MP-AL, RT-
                      IC and RT-AL" cables. Then click on "AT-11MP Interface Cables". That
                      brings up a pdf that shows the Alinco pin definitions.

                      Dwayne Kincaid
                      LDG

                      Dwayne Kincaid

                      > Hi Dwayne thank you but I cannot find the connection info on your
                      > web site please let me know where..
                      > Thank you Iagio

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    • D L3
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 31, 2004
                        Hi,

                        I'm sure you may get a lot of answers...I have the Alinco DX70 and the Z100 tuner.

                        To activate the tuner with the interface cable plugged into the Alinco, press the "FUNC" key first (located on the left side of the front panel). The press "TUNE". This will activate the tuner.

                        I set the radio tgo the AM mode when tuning the antenna. I also usually set the power level to LOW when I change bands and tune for the first time.

                        Darrell Lingenfield 3rd
                        N3QBI

                        >Message: 4
                        > Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:56:37 GMT
                        > From: "ultrafixedwing@..."
                        ><ultrafixedwing@...>

                        >Subject:Re:Re:Alinco dx 70 interface

                        Even with the interface, the tune button on my DX-70 will not tune. I
                        have to use the button on the tuner. I have one of the first made.

                        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

                        Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
                        http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm