This week on CMF focus on Iraq with KPFK' s host of "Middle East in Focus" Don Bustany

  • mindeyed@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002

      KEEP READING FOR THIS WEEK'S GUEST/SUBJECT INFO.

      The commercial MEAT FACTORY is a series of weekly politics/obscure music radio shows. It is our intention to bring our community awareness about human, earth and animal liberation as well as fill your mind with enticing and obscure, yet sometimes absurd music.

      The main show airs Fridays from 5-7 pm PST on WPMD 1700 AM and worldwide on the web at WPMD 1700 AM is available to over half a million residents of Cerritos, Artesia, Bellflower, Paramount, Downey, La Mirada, Norwalk,Hawaiian Gardens, Lakewood and parts of Long Beach & Whittier, California.

      This week on CMF we begin our two part series about Iraq and the war we are faced with.  Mr. & Mrs.  Don Bustany will be our in-studio guest.  Mrs. Bustany has been to the Middle East many times and can offer us first hand insight about the people of Iraq.  Don has hosted "Middle East in Focus", a program on KPFK radio (Pacifica) that has been running since 1979.  A show that came out of the hostage crisis in Iran and continues today with "the war on terrorism", Palestinian/Israeli conflict & Bush's war on Iraq.

      Plus, in our second hour author and former UN inspector Scott Ritter's speech "Target Iraq".  Listen to Mr. Ritter explain exactly how UN inspections in Iraq work and why the administrations claims of Iraq possessing weapons of mass destruction is impossible.

      AMAZING NEWS. We are going to be receiving a 12 part series with Dr. Helen Caldicott, anti-nuclear activist from the Pacifica Archives. In this series recorded earlier this year she interview such intellectuals as Dr. Michio Kaku, Greg Palast, Naom Chomsky, Julia "Butterfly" Hill an many more.... We´┐Żll keep you posted as to when we begin to air this series. Meanwhile thank Pacifica by visiting their website _______________________________________________________

      Be sure to hear part 4 of the interview with Javier & Cuate, two Chicano youths who went to Palestine and stood as human shields on our favorite cohorts' radio show Silver Spleens, Saturday at 2:00 PM PST. More info on the Silver Spleens show at www.cerritos.edu/wpmd

      Also listen to "The Electric Octospore and his Complex Cultures", Saturdays @ 1 PM for experimental, kraut rock, rare & strange music from the east, spooky lounge, warfare and more. Check out the playlists http://www.hop-frog.com/thecommercialmeatfactoryPLAYLISTS

      GOOD NEWS! OUR SERVER WAS UPGRADED. SO FOR THOSE LISTENING ON THE NET WE CAN NOW HOLD OVER 6 TIMES AS MANY LISTENERS SO YOU SHOULD SEE NO ERROR MESSAGES!

      This list consists of one email per week informing you of subject matters as well as talk and music radio guests.

      www.hop-frog.com "underevolution"

      www.williamsburroughs.org  "a fan site"

      www.hop-frog.com "underevolution"

      www.williamsburroughs.org  "a fan site"