belgian beer dinner on april 8th at the BBC

  • Belmont Brewing Company
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2002
      Greetings from the BBC,

      Just a reminder that our Belgian Beer Dinner is coming up in 8 days on
      Monday, April 8th. I have included the original email from a few weeks ago
      below with all the details.

      We also have a new happy hour Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 10:30 at
      night in our bar only. Three types of sushi (Crunchy Rolls, California
      Rolls and Spicy Tuna Rolls) are $3.95 each and BBC beer is only $2.50 a
      pint. So if you can't make the beer dinner, come on down for a great value
      on some sushi and our hand crafted brew some weeknight.

      Cheers,

      Roy Rausch, General Manager

      We're planning to have six beer dinners this year at the BBC on the second
      Monday of every month from April through September. Our first beer dinner
      of the season will be on April 8th on our patio. It's going to be a Belgian
      beer dinner featuring the Belgian beers from the Global Beer Network. This
      is the fifth year in a row that Johnny has helped us with a beer dinner and
      we plan to keep inviting him back with his excellent portfolio of Belgian
      beers until he say's no.

      If you've never been to a beer dinner they are a lot of fun. We always have
      5 different beers, four courses prepared by our Executive Chef Leo Villatoro
      and a guest speaker. We will start and end this season with the always
      popular Belgian Dinners. We already have return visits inked from Stone
      Brewing Company on June 10th and Anchor Brewing Company on July 8th.

      These are two of my favorite breweries and I'm looking forward to putting on
      what is my fifth season of beer dinners here at the BBC. Nobody in Southern
      California is doing anything quite like our beer dinner seasons of six
      dinners every spring and summer and we're quite proud of it.

      Just give us a call or send us an email for reservations or if you have any
      further questions. We will email you well before each beer dinner but if
      you are planning ahead you can count on the beer dinners being the second
      Monday of the month through September. Here is the menu and I hope to see
      you here.

      BELGIAN BEER DINNER

      presented by
      Belmont Brewing Company
      and Executive Chef Leo Villatoro
      Monday, April 8, 2002
      Reception at 6:30 & Dinner at 7:00

      Reception
      Petrus old Brown Ale

      Appetizer Course
      Joseph Spelt Ale
      Roasted mussels with lemon butter

      First Course
      Poperings Hommel Ale
      Green salad with roasted almonds and peanut orange dressing

      Main Course
      Bornem Double Abbey Ale
      Roasted honey and thyme glazed rack of lamb

      Dessert
      Gulden Draak Triple Ale
      Belgian Apple Brown Betty

      45.00 plus tax & tip