STRAIGHT TALK WEEKLY UPDATE

  • Art Levine
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2 5:10 PM

      Dear Kari,

      Now On Air

      Craig Smith, former speechwriter for the late president Gerald R. Ford and director of the Center for First Amendment Studies at CSULB, is the guest on this week’s edition of Straight Talk. He discusses the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary campaigns of the leading Republican and Democratic presidential candidates. The discussion also covers state matters, such as the looming state budget deficit and the February 5 state primary ballot propositions

      This edition of Straight Talk airs in Long Beach on Wednesday, January 2 at 7pm on Charter Cable Channel 3 and will be repeated Thursday, January 3 and Sunday, January 6 at 7pm. The show can be seen anytime at the website.

      Straight Talk Opportunity Drawing--Tell A Friend

      There is still time to enter the Straight Talk Opportunity Drawing for valuable prizes, including dinner for two at Naples Rib Company, a gift basket from Morry’s of Naples, 6 gift certificates from Polly’s Gourmet Coffee each good for 1 pound of freshly ground coffee and a 2008 Straight Talk Weekly Pocket Calendar. As a member of the Straight Talk Viewers Club, you are automatically entered in the drawing. To enter a friend, simply email their name, email address and telephone number to art@.... Drawing Deadline: January 31, 2008.

      Studio Upgrade for the New Year

      Charter Communications is upgrading its local origination studio, which will result in a higher quality broadcast and new Straight Talk set for the New Year. While the upgrades are ongoing during the month of January, we will repeat one of our most popular shows, Michael Josephson speaking on “Ethics in America”.

      Looking forward to seeing you all in the New Year.

      Sincerely,

      Art Levine
      Host/Executive Producer
      Straight Talk Television Show

      If you do not want to receive further email notifications about Straight Talk, please reply with the subject line “Unsubscribe”.
      To tell a friend about our Viewers Club, simply click on the icon:
      To leave a comment, click here.

    • Art Levine
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008

        Dear Kari,

        Now On Air

        Kevin Wattier, general manager of Long Beach Water, is this week’s guest on Straight Talk. He discusses the current water shortage situation, the conservation steps that you can take to address the problem, and the latest results of Long Beach Water’s   unique desalination process that holds the potential to turn saltwater into fresh water at an economically feasible cost.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    This edition of Straight Talk airs in Long Beach on Thursday, February 7 at 7pm on Charter Cable Channel 3 and will be repeated Sunday, February 10 at 7pm. The show can be seen anytime at the website--http://www.straighttalktv.com/.

        Straight Talk Opportunity Drawing Winners

        Winners have been selected for the Straight Talk Annual Opportunity Drawing for 12 great prizes. Click here to view winners under News Highlights at our website. If you are one of the winners, please email us your mailing address so that we can send you your prize certificate.

        This year’s prizes include a wine gift basket from Morry’s of Naples,  a $50 gift certificate from Phil Trani’s, a $50 gift certificate from Naples Rib Company, Sunday brunch for two at McKenna’s on the Bay, 6 gift certificates from Polly’s Gourmet Coffee each good for 1 pound of freshly ground coffee, and two 2008 Straight Talk Weekly Pocket Calendars. We thank each of these quality Straight Talk Sponsors for their generous donation.

        New Year

        We have great upcoming guests already lined up for the New Year, including State Senator Alan Lowenthal, Long Beach Chief of Police Anthony Batts, Deputy Consul General of the State of Israel Yaron Gambourg, and Grand Prix Association of Long Beach President/CEO Jim Michaelian.

        Join us each week on Straight Talk for stimulating guests and what’s happening in Long Beach.

        Regards