Events at the Museum

  • Long Beach Museum of Art
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2007
                           January 2007
      Dear Museum Patron,

      A new exhibition and a romantic Valentine's dinner await you at the LBMA! It is also time for all of Long Beach to "Read One Book". This year's book is Tom Brokaw's "The Greatest Generation". We'd love to have everyone share their stories and photos celebrating the members of Long Beach's "Greatest Generation".

       Now in the Galleries:

      Painting with Fire: Masters of Enameling in America, 1930-1980.

      Featuring more than two hundred examples of 20th century enamels, Painting with Fire traces the development of enameling in this country during a richly productive period. This exhibition explores, in-depth, the  work of 15 artists that played a seminal role in this little known medium.

      A diverse selection of works ranging from large-scale panels and plaques to plates, boxes, and sculpture are being shown. The exhibition is accompanied by a richly illustrated catalogue.
      Jean Goodwin Ames, Star Angel, 1950-51

       Valentines Day at the Museum

      A Romantic Night with dinner and smooth jazz with an ocean view.

      Enjoy a romantic dinner at the Museum's newly expanded oceanfront dining room. Claire's at the Museum is offering a delicious four course Valentine's Day meal, complimented by paired wines and soft jazz for you and that special someone. Hurry and make your reservations for our 6:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. seating.

      Prix-Fixe Menu includes champagne.

      For more information, click here.

       Call for Entries:

      Long Beach Reads One Book:
      "The Greatest Generation" by Tom Brokaw

      Attention Long Beach's "Greatest Generation"! We are looking for your stories and photos from WWII for a special display at the Museum from March 18-27, 2007. The Museum's historic 1912 Craftsman house served as a Chief Petty Officer's Club from 1942-45 and we'd love to see your photos of the Club and your wartime experiences. The opening reception on March 18 to launch "Long Beach Reads One Book" will be held at the Museum in partnership with the Long Beach Public Library Foundation.
      For more information call the Education Department at (562) 439-2119 ext 279