Sand Dune park

  • lori conrad
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2002
      Hi all

      My husband Mark went to Sand Dune Park in Manhattan Beach yesterday afternoon,
      & had a nice male Varied Thrush near the center of the park, above the
      main paved walkway, under the large grouping of Pepper trees. How dare he
      bird while I have to work!

      Lori

    • Lori Conrad
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2007
        Hi all

        My husband Mark today had an immature male Summer Tanager in the silk oak near the center of Sand Dune Park. There was also over a dozen Lazuli Buntings in the same tree. This was around 3PM.

        Yesterday, in the small "strip park" in El Segundo that runs parallel to Sepulveda Blvd, one block west, between Walnut & Maple Aves, I had 5 species of flycatcher at lunchtime. They were:
        Pacific Slope, Willow, Hammond's, Olive-Sided, & a W. Wood Peewee. These were all seen from the picnic table while eating my lunch!

        Lori & Mark Conrad
        Hermosa Beach, CA

      • Kevin Larson
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2007
          25 May

          This afternoon there was a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the silk
          oak. It flew off to the north at about 16:30.

          Kevin Larson
          Lawndale