Ruff at Lancaster Sewage Ponds

  • Jennifer Rycenga
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Friday, August 31, I found a first-year female RUFF at the Lancaster Sewage Ponds. She
      was in Pond 8. This is the last pond down to your right if you take the ramp onto the
      levee that is closer to the entrance. The bird was usually in the company of peeps. I have
      pictures, but I have not yet learned how to upload them from iPhoto, especially not on the
      road!

      There were a few WILSON'S PHALAROPES scattered amongst the RED-NECKED
      PHALAROPES, mostly in Pond 8, which was by far the most active and diverse in terms of
      bird life. A CASPIAN TERN was present in the last pond on the loop.

      Jennifer Rycenga
      Half Moon Bay, CA