Spotted dove and alcids

  • gnmandel1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      I will be visiting L.A. in a couple weeks and have two questions on
      finding birds:

      1) Is there anywhere reliable to find spotted doves?

      2) Would the Island Packers trips provide a reasonably good chance of
      seeing Xantus' Murrelet and Cassin's Auklet? Any other options to
      consider? Should I take the Anacapa, East Santa Cruz, or Mid Santa
      Cruz trip for the best chance at these birds?

      Thanks very much. Any advice is appreciated.

      Greg Mandel
      Menands, NY