Vagrant season!

  • Bill Principe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      Ah, yes, it must be vagrant season. This morning,
      there was a Red-whiskered Bulbul in my yard in the
      Flintridge side of La Cañada, in the San Rafael
      Hills.
      These birds are occasionally seen in Descanso
      Gardens about 1 mile across the hill from my house,
      but this is only the 2nd time I've seen one in my
      yard.
      BTW, this species is NOT a common cage bird in
      Tijuana. Ergo, it is obviously not an escapee.

      Bill Principe My heart in hiding
      La Canada, California Stirred for a bird,
      Los Angeles County the achieve of; the mastery of the thing!
      34*11'N 118*12'W from "The Windhover"
      ThePrincipes@... by Gerard Manley Hopkins
    • Marilyn Jacobsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
        I live in the Altadena foothills and have also spotted a Red-whiskered
        Bulbul in my next door neighbor's tree April 23.

        I have seen the Red-whiskered Bulbul in Descanso the last few springs, but
        at the Huntington Desert Garden there are at least a pair I almost always
        spot - Feb thru May which is when I happen to go there. I thought they were
        resident at these public gardens.

        Marilyn Jacobsen
        jjacobsen2@...