RE: [LACoBirds] juncos

  • Jeff Allison
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      > As Larry Allen (with too little help from others like me)
      > writes up the L. A. Atlas for publication, we would be
      > interested in hearing of any other new breeding localities
      > for juncos and other species. For example, have birders
      > found any juncos summering (breeding?) in the Puente Hills
      > and adjacent areas in the SE part of the County?

      Dark-eyed Juncos are regular winter visitors in my yard here in La Habra
      Heights, arriving the second week of October and departing mid-Spring.
      I've never seen them in Summer in La Habra Heights or surrounding areas
      such as Schabarum Park or the Arroyo Pescadero in Whittier.

      - Jeff Allison
      La Habra Heights, CA

      > -- Kimball
    • arvind panjabi
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2004
        Not sure if this is news or not, but I had a junco
        (looked like an oregon) on the paved road in Temescal
        Canyon park on July 11. I thought it was rather
        unusual to see a junco at such low elevation during
        this time of year.

        Arvind Panjabi
        Fort Collins, CO

        http://mail.yahoo.com