Summer Tanager, B-l Kittiwake

  • Kevin Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      Greetings,

      1 Feb 04

      There was a female SUMMER TANAGER at Banning Park in Wilmington today
      (1 mi. east of 110 fwy on PCH). I suspect that this may be the same
      bird that was found by Andrew Lee on 8 Nov. The bird was last seen on 9
      Nov. The bird today was first heard, then seen in the tall Silk Oaks off
      the southeast corner of the Banning house, then it moved to the
      Eucalyptus trees west of the carriage house. The bird was calling on
      occasion.

      Earlier this morning, an immature BLACK-LEGGED KITTIWAKE flew north past
      Pt. Vicente at 0810. To my knowledge, this is the only sighting of this
      species in this area so far this winter.

      Kevin Larson
      Lawndale