NAB Fall Season Reports Needed

  • Kimball Garrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      L. A. County Birders:

      The marathon fall season (1 August to 30 November) has ended, and I will
      need your reports of significant Los Angeles County sightings as soon as
      possible. Normally I request that fall reports be sent to me by 10
      December, but this year it would be very helpful to get your reports no
      later than 7 December (as I will be away later in December).

      As you are aware, this has been an excellent fall in the county, with many
      noteworthy sightings (some of them even on the mainland!). Please provide
      appropriate documentation for all unusual sightings. I am also interesting
      in getting your thoughts on the general patterns of fall migration, any
      fall irruptions of northern/interior birds, etc.

      It is VERY important that you send me information (and, as appropriate,
      documentation) for continuing sightings, even if you are not the original
      finder. One of my most difficult tasks is determining the date spans for
      individual birds.

      It is helpful to me to get your reports in taxonomic ("check-list")
      sequence; NAB will not be imediately switching to the new AOU sequence
      (waterfowl and gamebirds first), so it is not necessary to adopt that
      change if you choose not to.

      Thanks for your cooperation.

      Kimball

      Kimball L. Garrett