Re: Continuing Ross's Goose and 3 Elegant Tern on Venice Beach

  • dan_cooper_90042
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2013
      Roy,

      Yes, there were two Ross's Geese on the CBC (12/30/12), one of which was roosting with gulls on the beach at Rose Ave. An odd place, but if one can take up permanent residence at Echo Park lake, I guess anything's possible. I can check my notes but I believe the observers mentioned some grayish markings indicating a young bird. To my knowledge, only one (an adult, often with Canada Geese) has been at Ballona this winter.

      Dan Cooper
      Oak Park, Ventura Co.
      (and LA CBC compiler)