Re: No Piute Swans Thursday Morning

  • racitup2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2013
      If I might add to Dick's post. With a new permit letter in hand, I drove to the ponds yesterday(Jan 31st)arriving at 11:30; leaving at 2:30. Did a repeated figure eight around Teal Pond and Duck's Unlimited Pond checking the reeds from every angle. No swans a swimming for me as well.

      Sandy Remley
      Big Bear Lake

      --- In LACoBirds@yahoogroups.com, Richard J Norton wrote:

      > Five birders, including two who had previously seen the swans, were unable
      > to locate any swans in the Edwards Air Force Base Piute Ponds from 7 AM to
      > 10 AM Thursday morning. Nooks and crannies in the Ducks Unlimited Ponds,
      > main ponds, and the large flooded area to the north were checked. This of
      > course, is not evidence that the swans have left.
      >
      > On my way home, stopped in Veteran's Park in Sylmar, where a previously
      > reported Varied Thrush was on the large lawn across the street from
      > the Frisbee golf course.
      >
      > Dick Norton
      > Topanga, CA

    • Michael Van Norman