BRTH at Eaton Canyon

  • Kevin Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 4:09 PM
      Hi LA birders :

      Upon arriving at Eaton Canyon this morning with Carol Selvey, we met
      Jonathan Feenstra, who had already located the Brown Thrasher. He had it
      just previously singing from a perch and snapped a few photos. He is
      from New Jersey, so BRTHs are a familiar sight to him. Over the next
      hour, between about 8 am and 9 am, I was able to see it four times, once
      perched and the other times just flying or moving into cover. I never
      heard the bird call, which made locating it difficult. After 9 am, I
      could not relocate it. To see this bird, I would suggest getting there
      as early as possible. Jonathan checks this place on such a regular basis
      that he feels fairly confident that the bird did not winter there, which
      indicates the possibility that the bird is a migrant.

      Kevin Larson