Ross' Goose Claremont

  • Desert Iguana
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 8:51 AM
      Buenas Dias!

      A single, calling Ross's's's's Goose flew over Wheeler Park, this morning 4/30/2012 @ 07:30 a.m.
      The only interesting passerine in the park was a Lesser Goldfinch who kept doing Solitary Vireo calls (probably that Plumbeous Vireo that was there, recently).
      I'll go check Oak Park Cemetery after I pour some more coffee down me gullet.
      Sand Dune Park, Manhattan Beach, had decent normal western migrants yesterday afternoon, including multiple adult male W Tanagers, Hermit, a Myrtle (not Audubon's), Townsends, and Nashville Warblers, Ash-throated & Olive-sided Flycatcher, W Wood Pewees, Pac Slopes, a very gray Cassin's Vireo (the Kiwi we ran into described a much greener one, earlier) that only had green on part of the wings, and a little on the flanks, and at one point 8 Black-headed Grosbeaks in the Grevillea (Silk Oak).
      The breakwater at Ballona had 5 Surfbirds, 2 Wandering Tattlers, 2 Black Oystercatchers, and the Brandt's Cormorants were displaying fantastic irridescent blue throat pouches. It was like the throats of Blue-throated Hummingbirds. No sea ducks or alcids.

      Thomas Miko (Mi'ko' Tama's)
      Claremont, Los Angeles County, California

      "Nothing is impossible until you start to think about it."--Captain Pirate