RE: [LACoBirds] Red throated loon

  • Kimball Garrett
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2012
      Jim and Terese,

      Re: Reddish Egret. This is still a major rarity in L. A. County (despite being regular a few miles south in Orange County). There was one briefly at Ballona a couple of weeks ago (same bird also seen flying over a Westchester yard), but full details are needed for any claim in the county. Please post (or send to me) details (and photos, of course, if available). It would be good to know the bird's age, since the earlier one was clearly an adult.

      Kimball

      Kimball L. Garrett
      Section of Ornithology
      900 Exposition Blvd.