Re: [LACoBirds] Field Sparrow +

  • Wanda
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27 12:45 PM
      Hooray! Finally saw the !st LA Record Field Sparrow!

      Quite a number of birders including Chris Taylor+++ saw it in the
      7:30-8:15 period and others again after 10 am when the birdfeed was
      replenished at the usual spot just outside the shrubbery across & prior
      to the 3 benches that oversee the hummingbird area. (south of the
      parking lot; take birdseed)

      The Brewer's Sparrow was seen around 11 am in the divider strip
      w/shrub/trees at the south end of the parking lot by Jim Moore, Elllen
      Vahan, Barbara Johnson,others.

      We also saw House Sparrow, House Finches, Anna's & Allen's Hummers,
      Brewer's Blackbird, Cowbird, CA Towee, Song Sparrow, numerous
      White-Crown Sparrows, Lesser Goldfinch and undoubtedly many other common
      sp. that am not recalling at the moment....

      I have Black-headed Grosbeak and both Orioles in the yard.

      Cheers,
      Wanda Dameron
      W. San Fernando Valley