descanso gardens

  • rrm888
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hello,
      This morning at Descanso gardens, we had a very brief glimpse of 2
      crested birds near the pond. They really didn't give the impression
      of phainopeplas -- they seemed more like bulbuls. Could this be?
      Lynn Maddox
      Burbank
    • Steve Sosensky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
        Lynn,

        Red-whiskered Bulbuls are sometimes seen at Descanso Gardens, Huntington
        Library, and LA Arboretum.

        At 06:14 PM 2003-06-01 +0000, rrm888 wrote:
        >This morning at Descanso gardens, we had a very brief glimpse of 2
        >crested birds near the pond. They really didn't give the impression
        >of phainopeplas -- they seemed more like bulbuls. Could this be?

        Good birding,

        Steve Sosensky, SoCal Bird Guides www.sosensky.com/guides/
        <mailto:steve@...> for general use
        <mailto:mobile@...> rare birds and emergencies only
        Toluca Lake, CA 91602 818-508-4946 34.15645 N, 118.36715 W
        www.SoCalAudubon.org/socal/ www.SanFernandoValleyAudubon.org/sfvas/
        SoCal FRS: use channel 11 code 22 SMS: stevesosensky@...