Field Sparrow at Kenneth Hahn Park

  • Thomasabenson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2012
      A photo of the Field Sparrow from this morning (Apr 22) may be seen using the link below.

      Tom Benson
      San Bernardino, CA

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/40928097@N07/6958873318/in/photostream

    • Johnny Bovee
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2012
        The Field Sparrow continued this morning (04/27/12) in the previously described location at around 11:30 am.

        Johnny Bovee, San Antonio Heights
      • motmots@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28, 2012
          Thanks for the report! We'd appreciate it if others would let us know of
          other times the Field Sparrow is seen- we're keeping a little record.
          We'll leave a small bucket of birdseed this morning- hope it stays longer
          than the ones we left Thursday night!
          We did see the Field Sparrow at 7:28 last night- the nighttime snack was a
          little late!

          Ann and Eric Brooks
          Los Angeles, CA

        • Chuck & Lillian
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2012
            Field sparrow was present Sat. 4/28 10:15am at the hummingbird bush spot as previously given by Ann Brooks.
            It was on the ground close to the hummingbird bush covered with red flowers, near the small log with peanut butter smeared on it.
            We arrived around 9:45am, it had recently been seen by others (who were leaving), but didn't show for about 30 minutes. It ate some millet seed for about 5 minutes and left. We left about 10:40 as it hadn't returned.
            We left some additional seed in the container Ann/Eric VERY thoughtfully provided. A brilliant move, Ann/Eric!
            There is an extremely cute pocket gopher living in a hole very close to the darkish pole between the hummingbird bush and the bench. I think I saw him munching on a sunflower seed.

            Almost continually present was a White-crowned Sparrow with some sort of eye infection on both eyes, making him look something like a tiny owl.

            Chuck Almdale
            North Hills, Ca.