Ash-throated Flycatcher

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 7:10 PM
      Hi -

      Today at Forrestal Nature Preserve was an Ash-throated Flycatcher. It was first seen on the fence in the top soccer field near Black Phoebes and Cassin's Kingbird. It then flew up to a shrub on the side of "Fossil Hill" and then up and over the top northwards toward Portuguese Bend. I have never seen one here before.
      Also definitely one and up to three Golden-crowned Sparrows - I thought they would have left by now, and a "Thick-billed" Fox Sparrow.
      Alas, only one White-crowned Sparrow and zero Yellow-rumped Warblers - I will miss them...

      Peggy Gussman
      Rancho Palos Verdes
    • William Cullen
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7 2:32 PM
        FOS,for me, Ash-throated Flycatcher at the Helipad at Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall. Also a pair of Hooded Orioles seemed to be looking for a possible nesting site. Cactus Wrens making nests.