Black-chinned Sparrow, Burma Trail, April 15, 2012

  • eppygriffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2012
      Hi All,

      The second half of the day turned up another very good bird for me. Today at around 4:30 pm there was a Black-chinned Sparrow about 0.45 miles down the Burma trail. This is the trail that starts at the very southern end of Crenshaw Blvd and runs down hill toward the Portugese Bend. It was a picture-book specimen and I got good looks at it so I am certain of the ID.

      For those of you who know the area, it was about 20 yards before one reaches the water tank and on the same side of the trail as the tank. It was in the chaparral scrub right next to a large pepper tree.

      The Google Earth coordinates are:

      Lat, Lon: 33.755309, -118.360277

      Ed Griffin
      Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
    • Martin Byhower
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2012
        Did not find the bird this AM. If anyone does go down there and find it, I would appreciate it if you let me know!Belatedly, there was a Purple Martin at Ballona Freshwater Marsh yesterday.

        Martin Byhower
        Lomita