Seasonal Reports for NAB

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012
      Thu 1 Mar

      Why should we bother sending Kimball our tiny, personal reports for his huge NAB report? A few of the many reasons why:

      (1) Our discoveries posted on eBird, LACoBirds, and personal websites may be overlooked by regional editors.
      (2) Our sightings may have been the last ones for some rarities, and "end dates" are as important as "find dates".
      (3) Our descriptions may fill in missing info for subspecies determination.
      (4) Helping Kimball gather seasonal data will give him more time to discover rarities for us to chase.

      I created a text file of notes for anyone who might need a little help creating their first "S/S/F/W Season Report" or using eBird efficiently to gather their report data.

      Don Sterba
      Culver City