Dockweiler scoter update: other notes

  • busyday@ca.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      Birders,

      Wed 1 Feb

      Early this morning I found five White-winged Scoters in the Surf Scoter flocks off Dockweiler Beach. A striking adult male and two female-types were between lifeguard stations #47 and 49, about a mile north of Imperial Hwy. Two more female-types were south of Imperial Hwy, about 400 yds north of the Hyperion Outlook/lifeguard station #58 area.

      The Black-and-white Warbler continues at El Segundo Library Park. At approx 0930 it was in Brazilian peppers west of the bandstand before moving to a nearby sycamore toward the "patio" area.

      Yesterday late morning at Bell Gardens Veterans Park the Dusky-capped Flycatcher and Lucy's Warbler were active west of the Senior Center yard.

      Also yesterday I saw four Spotted Doves at Odd Fellows Cemetery in Boyle Heights. They were along the east border fence and just over the fence on a neighborhood rooftop.

      Richard Barth
      West Hollywood