Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

  • Jean D. Brandt
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
      Phil Sayre and I saw the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher this morning at 11:15
      at the Santa Fe Dam. We parked in Lot 3, and birded the trees on the west
      side of the boat house. It was sometimes with two Cassin's Kingbirds and
      sometimes alone. It moved constantly.

      We also saw the two Greater White-fronted Geese lake-side from the far
      western-most parking lot. They were with some domestic geese.

      At 2:00 PM, we saw the White-throated Sparrow at the Eaton Canyon Nature
      Center. It came to the large seed feeder west of the Nature Center
      building. We did not find the Brown Thrasher but there are more
      California Thrashers there in a small area than I have ever seen before!

      Good Birding,

      Jean Brandt

      Editor: Western Tanager
      Encino, CA
    • borodayko
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2003
        Greetings,

        Steve Smith, a friend of mine, was at El Dorado Park in Long Beach on
        Monday, Dec 1 and photographed a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher as well as
        a Vermillion Flycatcher in Area 3 of the park. He sent me the pictures
        and I have posted the ST flycatcher for all to see.

        Regards, Al Borodayko
        Cypress, CA
      • David Quadhamer
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2012
          Hello,

          I stopped to look for the Scissor-tailed flycatcher this morning, 1/10. When I got to the gravel parking lot, two other birders said they had seen the flycatcher. I saw him at 8:00 in the area Dick Norton indicated - a wire crossing John S. Gibson Blvd. over a group of palm trees north from the parking lot.

          David Quadhamer
          San Pedro, CA

        • thomas.miko@verizon.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8 3:04 PM