Ballona area Shrikes, Chat & Bl-b Plovers

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      Mon 1 Aug

      This morning I had three Loggerhead Shrikes: 1 on the Gas Co fence (south of the Culver Blvd-Jefferson Blvd intersection); 1 at the Ballona salt pan (west of the Culver Blvd-Jefferson Blvd intersection), and 1 calling on the north side of Ballona Creek (ref. Jonathan Coffin's post #10687). A 4th bird may be in the general area.

      Also seen briefly this morning was one of the chats found by Jonathan (post #10650), still in the same area.

      Resting comfortably at the western edge of the salt pan was a single flock of at least 98 Black-bellied Plovers.

      Don Sterba
      Culver City