Malibu: 2/1; TRKI continues

  • Jon Feenstra
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      LA birders,

      The TROPICAL KINGBIRD continues at Malibu Lagoon. I saw it this morning at about 11AM in the clearing to the right (west) of the trail that leads from the parking lot to the beach.

      The congregation of gulls out on the sand at Malibu Lagoon contained 1 adult HERRING GULL as well as 2 MEW GULLS (1 adult, 1 1st winter). Another adult MEW GULL was with the gulls on Zuma Beach.

      There was a LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE on the powerlines along the PCH just east of "Malibu Seafood" (about 1 mile west of Malibu Canyon Rd.).

      A flock of 6 VAUX'S SWIFTS were flying around by the Convention Center while I was stopped in traffic on the exit ramp from 10W to 110N.

      Jon Feenstra

      www.its.caltech.edu/~feenstra