15799Brown Creeper in Compton; some other recent notes

  • richardbarth38
    Apr 16, 2014
      Birders,

      Wed 16 Apr

      Checking this morning at Gonzales Park for the wintering Hepatic Tanager (it apparently has gone) I came upon a Brown Creeper spiraling up the trees near the playground. It eventually moved all around the park, including into the little yard west of the recreation building.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/13901066395
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/13901465994

      A visit earlier this morning to Dominguez Seminary/Museum in Rancho Dominguez did not produce the wintering White-throated Sparrow or Summer Tanager, both of which might be gone.

      Yesterday (Tuesday) the Dusky-capped Flycatcher continued at Ralph Dills Park in Paramount, approx 0900 working from trees between the San Mateo and San Vincente entrances. I'm including two more photos of this bird...with Ash-throateds moving through now, it's important to take a close look to avoid mis-IDs.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/13880342065
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/13880270035

      On Monday a wintering female Summer Tanager was still at Ladera Park in Ladera Heights, favoring sycamores near the north restroom building.

      Richard Barth
      West Hollywood