15785moon watch

  • morgan edel
    Apr 15, 2014
      Hi all, I'm a first time poster and have only lived in LA since March…

      Was laying down on the dew coated grass in Echo Park watching the eclipse
      with my boyfriend; we were lamenting over the fact that we haven't seen any
      Black-crowned Night herons since we've moved here from Oakland (arguably
      our favorite bird for a variety of reasons I'm sure I don't need to go into
      on this forum). Minutes later the moon was blood red and wouldn't you know
      it, we heard a squawk, looked up, and saw 2 Nycticorax nycticorax flying
      low right over our bodies!

      We stood up directly afterward, like, "no way that really happened!" We
      started walking home, passed by where the birds in question landed on the
      north side of the lake, and yep, confirmed! 2 BCNH's. I've never seen them
      at Echo Park, but then I've lived here less than a month, so big whoop
      right? Still, it was one of the coolest, most serendipitous bird related
      interactions I've ever had!

      Happy trails, bird on my friends, and thanks for reading….

      *Morgan C. Edel | M.S. Environmental Management*

      *Environmental Scientist/Biologist/Owner*

      Mobile: 315-269-9227

      Email: morgan@...

      LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/morganedel

      [image: 1428ABC-Aureus-logo-final-web]

      PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include
      confidential information. Any distribution or use of this communication by
      anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be
      unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
      by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.