Re: Kurz sharing SCSI drive with Win XP

  • Hans DeBruyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      >Everything we've been hearing is that XP and the Kurz don't work well
      together. M$ changed some ways that SCSI drives are dealt with starting
      under Win2k and expanding on it in XP...actually had one guy loose a
      good deal of unbacked up data (which I believe he was trying to do
      connecting up to the computer) because XP wrote a header to the drive
      which the Kurz couldn't read, and XP couldn't read because it was a
      FAT16 partition (which M$ is trying to eradicate).<

      Actually, I am successfully sharing a 18GB IBM SCSI drive between my PC
      with Win XP and the Kurz. I have the drive formatted with FAT16, and
      have 3 2GB partitions that both the PC and the K2600 can read and write,
      plus one 12GB partition that the PC uses. Data downloaded by the PC and
      written to the 2GB partitions can be read by the Kurz if I first ask it
      to change the drive or partition and then go back and read the partition
      that the PC wrote to.

      If I write a large file from the Kurz to the drive, such as a song
      recorded in the sampler as a .WAV file, the PC will not see the file
      even if I ask the Kurz and the PC to change drives or partitions (I
      would have thought this would force it to write or re-read the FAT). I
      do see the file if I reboot XP, so there is a workaround.

      Hans DeBruyn