Problem installing objects

  • a.ippoliti@libero.it
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi friends!

      Since a few days I am a new lucky owner of a K2600xs, whch I expanded
      with �Orchestra� and �contemporary�ROM, and P-RAM expansion.

      I received the keyboard completely assembled, but with the old
      operating system, so a few sounds, i.e. �TRIPLE� were not working.

      I thus downloaded most recent update available (O.S. 3.00) and all
      objects necessary for the optionals.

      Update completed successfully, and everything works fine exept a few
      sounds (700-729) included in base object, concerning stereo dynamic
      piano ROM block.

      These programs, when selected, do not generate any sound. To be more
      specific, there is a short distortion like noise, similar to what you
      would expect reading wrong samples. Then it turns to silence.

      Using sample mode to check samples used by these programs, I could see
      that these only include their name, but apparently no data.

      Would some of you kindly help me ?

      It might be due to some mistake on my part, but I only had it for 2
      days, and couldn�t acknowledge the whole of he manual.

      Thanks for helping

      Antonio
    • Kurzweil Support
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2001
        > I thus downloaded most recent update available (O.S. 3.00) and all
        > objects necessary for the optionals.
        >
        > Update completed successfully, and everything works fine exept a few
        > sounds (700-729) included in base object, concerning stereo dynamic
        > piano ROM block.
        >
        > These programs, when selected, do not generate any sound. To be more
        > specific, there is a short distortion like noise, similar to what you
        > would expect reading wrong samples. Then it turns to silence.

        You obviously installed the file OBJSD100.K26. This file is for the Stereo
        Dynamic piano OPTION, as is clearly indicated in the documentation. You could
        not possibly have this option installed in your unit since it is not yet
        shipping! (I do expect it to begin shipping this month.)

        You have to go back and reinstall all the proper files that fit your unit.

        --
        David Fox
        Operational Technical Support