RE: [KL] Re: Newbie PC2 question (sequencing)

  • lee.harris@blueyonder.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Fantastic - thanks! This answers loads of queries.

      One extra question - "The only thing you can't select with regular controller messages are the actual
      effects parameters themselves" but can you select the effects for each channel through controller messages?

      Sorry - two extra questions(!) - using the sequencer from my Korg Triton which sends bank select as MSB/LSB, I find that these are only responded to if the PC2 is set to listen to "32" only. Am I missing something here?

      Thanks

      Lee.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        > "The only thing you can't select with regular
        > controller messages are the actual
        > effects parameters themselves" but can you select the effects for each
        > channel through controller messages?

        First of all remember that there is only a SINGLE effects configuration
        (consisting of the selection of the FX-A, and FX-B, along with their editable
        parameters) active at any one time. In other words, you have only two effects
        processors and can therefore only have 2 effects at a time. So there is no
        selecting of effects on a per channel basis. You can only control the routing
        (None, A, B, or Both) plus wet/dry mix on a per channel basis.

        > using the sequencer from my Korg Triton
        > which sends bank select as MSB/LSB, I find that these are only responded
        > to if the PC2 is set to listen to "32" only.

        Well, it sounds like the Korg is not sending the correct MSB value then. The
        Kurzweil only needs to receive the LSB (controller #32), but if the MSB is sent,
        then it needs to have a value of 0. If yo can't figure out how to get the Korg
        to send the values that you want, you can set the PC2 to "32 Only" so that it
        simply ignores Controller #0.