Re: [KL] what is wrong with this 2000?

  • Roger J
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013
      The sound ROMs that basically contain the samples for the 800 and 900 banks, plus some of the lower banks are upgrades from the basic K2000.  Basically the K2000VX came with all the option stuff installed.  ROM 1 and ROM 2 are circuit boards that plug into the ROM daughter board that plugs into the engine board.

      There are 7 #2 phillips screws to remove the bottom.  I would look, there should be a small daughter board at right angles to the engine board, held in place by two screw, with two smaller board and a wire tie around them all to keep them from be knocked out.  Here is a picture of what the sound roms look like:   http://kurzweil.com/accessory/rm1-26_orchestral_rom/%c2%a0%c2%a0 and  http://kurzweil.com/accessory/rm2-26_contemporary_rom/%c2%a0 and there is no picture but a discription of the daughter board here: http://kurzweil.com/accessory/rmb-k_soundblock_daughterboard/

      Press 1, 2, 3 in the number pad together and power up, select DIAGNOSTICS, enter, select SOUND ROMS, enter, let it run and report.

      If they are missing, you could buy and install VP setups chip, basically making it the stripped down version without ROM1 and 2 or buy the missing or bad stuff, all three items are plug in.